ADDING POWER STEERING TO MY KUBOTA L275

/ ADDING POWER STEERING TO MY KUBOTA L275 #1  

klash333

Tractor
kubota l275
JUst wanted to know if it is possible to add power steering to a 1985 L275 Kubota tractor?

/ ADDING POWER STEERING TO MY KUBOTA L275 #2  
It should be possible, just may not be easy. Eaton and other companies made belt driven power steering pumps that where self contained units. The reservoir and pump assembly was all one piece like what is used on cars. You would have to purchase and mount the steering unit and run the hydraulic lines. The unknown would be the steering cylinder and tie rod ends to fit your tractor.

Roy

/ ADDING POWER STEERING TO MY KUBOTA L275 #3  
Have you seen PS on a L275 before?
Tractordata says it was optional, Best would pull a system off a old tractor.

I doubt there are many aftermarket kits and they may be expensive.

I did a quick googling and seen this.
Kubota has a complete kit available through their wholegoods program, kit # is L9110 that fits the L185, L235 and L295
The L9110 Power Steering Kit was a dealer installed option available for the L-185, L-235 and L-275. The power steering actuator was available in two different operating pressure variations, 1400PSI for use on tractors without a factory installed loader, or a 1600PSI version for Kubota tractors being upfitted with a loader or equipped with a factory loader.

Power Steering conversion - Page 2 - OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

There is a parts list in PDF at the bottom

Ds

/ ADDING POWER STEERING TO MY KUBOTA L275 #4  
There were some discussions about this previously. There is a company that makes an add-on kit that advertises here on TBN.

/ ADDING POWER STEERING TO MY KUBOTA L275
Thanks for info I contacted a kubota dealer they told all parts for my tractor have been discontinued. I will look into the Eaton company see if there is something I can add

/ ADDING POWER STEERING TO MY KUBOTA L275 #8  
   / ADDING POWER STEERING TO MY KUBOTA L275 #9  
Adding PS steering has been an often discussed project here on TBN. Adding an automotive style PS pump is usually an issue due to lack of space. Using the tractor's hydraulics and an orbital steering valve and proporting valve is slick but expensive. In either scenario, you then have to still engineer the cylinder mount/tie rod aspects and hydraulic plumbing after that. The kits offered by Rick Davis at TPS are as cheap as just an orbital valve alone and very easy to install with basic tools and mechanical skills. Not as slick as OEM PS but just as functional and as easy as it gets. Using automotive style parts and shopping around the net for a steering cylinder etc could be the cheapest route but it will involve the most skill,time and work and is ultimately dependent upon whether there is even room for another belt drive accessory to be driven off the crank pulley. I personally love engineering my own things and shopping for value priced components but frankly, the TPS unit that Ductape posted about is hard to beat in my opinion.

/ ADDING POWER STEERING TO MY KUBOTA L275 #10  
Good Afternoon Scott,
Please read your PM's..... Thanks and PM your cell also !!! Thanks...

Yep, got your message sir ! I will write back shortly. I lost your cell number with the last cell phone I destroyed. Look for a PM within the next couple days. :D