What Time Is It ???

/ What Time Is It ??? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Auto parts chains used to carry small stick on LCD clocks )</font>

I know AutoZone has them and I'll bet a lot of the other chains do, too.

/ What Time Is It ??? #12  
If you want an in-dash marine clock and want to pay for it look here: Clocks
You can even get one to tell you the tides (if you have a REALLY big pond /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

L. Smith

/ What Time Is It ??? #13  
This is my first reply to anything, I'll see if I can get it right the first time.
Here's a link to a small illuminated clock made for motorcycles. The lighted one is $23, the Non-lighted one is $17. Type part # 4216 in the search on the left side of the WEB site to get to the clocks.

Wing126

http://www.aerostich.com/riderwearhouse.store

/ What Time Is It ??? #14  
Pretty slick /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif!

Welcome to TBN! Good first post. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark

/ What Time Is It ??? #15  
You could always go with a GPS, then you would know the time and never get lost.

/ What Time Is It ??? #16  
I know this may sound crazy, but I suggest you just tune your biological clock.

If you really need to be back at the telephone or somewhere else EXACTLY at a certain moment, buy the cheap wristwatch. Latch it around the steering wheel. It becomes a "steering wheel watch."

Otherwise, with practice you can get back to where you need to be pretty close to when you need to be there without the watch or mechanical time piece. Just takes a little practice.

I too quit carrying watches a few years ago...so I do have an understanding of where your are coming from...or is that where you are at...perhaps better stated when you are at? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ What Time Is It ???
The cheapo watch was definetly first on my list, but that's just way too easy !! I thought maybe a nice analog clock on the dash would add that special bit of civility to this utilitarian work horse.

My wife suggested bolting a sundial to the hood. That's a good idea, but what do I do when its cloudy ? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Well ... I'm off to root through my son's collection of Scooby-doo and Pokemon watches to find one that works. He'll never miss it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ What Time Is It ??? #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Von, I gave up on wrist watches when I was 17 !!

I was working on a golf course...mowing with a multigang reel fairway mower ( 12'- 14' cut ). While dismounting, I got my watchband caught on a reel support arm, and ripped a pretty good gash in my wrist where the band snapped. Not really a life altering situation, but I feel they just get in the way. )</font>

I don't wear anything even remotely resembling jewelry for the same reason. I learned my lesson about the same age. I had a summer job at stanford linear accelerator. The tech there, a three fingered tech, said ... "don't wear jewelry around electricity or you will wind up like me". His wedding ring shorted out 2kv and burned his finger off. I took off my watch that day and have never worn any jewelry since. I am a computer programmer by trade but find that several of my hobbies (ham radio, tractors..) have me putting my hands in places that jewelry could be considered a hazard.

Anyway .. You can buy a small lcd clock/timer from any cooking / home store. I buy the ones with a magnet on back. I use them when I am burning burgers. Should stick to the tractor as well. Just remember to bring them in when you come in.

/ What Time Is It ??? #19  
Here's what I did. Looks good, great visibility. However, not weatherproof. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 286224-tractor clock.JPG
    286224-tractor clock.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 276
   / What Time Is It ???
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bmac, Very funny....That was a joke ....right /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

All you need is a 2000' self retracting cord reel on the back to plug that baby in !!