What Time Is It ???

/ What Time Is It ??? #1  

tc35dforme

Platinum Member
Tractor
TC35D/16LA
First let me start by admitting that I have some weird ideas.

Now the issue. I work out of a home office and often steal away for a hour or so and get a bit of mowing or bush hogging done. This break not only is a stress buster, but lets me keep up with the chores without having to dedicate an entire day.

I would really like to have a clock mounted in or on my dash ( TC35D ) so that I always know the time. I don't find it very convienient to carry the cell phone on the tractor for fear of it dropping out of my pocket ( been there ! ).

Anyone have any leads for where I could find a small ( 2" diameter ) weather rated clock. Analog or digital...its doesn't matter.

I've looked at boating supply shops, but don't seem to be able to locate one.

I have thought about just sticking one of those cheapo digital ones on the dash, but that's way too easy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ What Time Is It ??? #2  
I have a cheapo round clock held on with velcro found in auto section of walmart. Not weatherproof, but stuck on the underside of the cupholder/lid of my toolbox, stays dry. Cost about $5. With your own velcro and an old watch, would work the same way.

Mark

/ What Time Is It ??? #3  
They got these new watches that you actually wear!!.... NO, I'm not kidding!! I even own one! ....They call it,....Get this... a wrist watch!! And its waterproof!

OK, I couldn't resist, But you could just buy a cheap watch and you would always know what time it was.

/ What Time Is It ???
Von, I gave up on wrist watches when I was 17 !!

I was working on a golf course...mowing with a multigang reel fairway mower ( 12'- 14' cut ). While dismounting, I got my watchband caught on a reel support arm, and ripped a pretty good gash in my wrist where the band snapped. Not really a life altering situation, but I feel they just get in the way.

/ What Time Is It ??? #5  
Get a lanyard that many people wear to hold their employee badge, or keys. Put a watch on that and wear it around your neck. You could always tuck it under your shirt if you are afraid of catching it on something.

/ What Time Is It ??? #6  
Check out your local camping supply stores. They always seem to have anything for the "outdoors" a person would need, especially waterproof items! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ What Time Is It ??? #7  
Auto parts chains used to carry small stick on LCD clocks. They still may. I stuck one on a motorcycle once and didn't have any weather related problems with it. I've been thinking about putting one on my tractor too.

SnowRidge

/ What Time Is It ??? #8  
<font color="blue"> I don't find it very convienient to carry the cell phone on the tractor for fear of it dropping out of my pocket </font>

First, I wouldn't consider going out on my tractor WITHOUT a cell phone. I want the security of knowing that if something happens I can get hold of someone.

If you don't want to wear a watch, buy one and carry it in your pocket. Strap the band around a steering wheel support. Velcro it to your dash. Duct tape it to your ROPS.

/ What Time Is It ??? #9  
I agree with Von....to repeat the wristwatch idea.... I've an old Casio, probably cost $12.00 when new (but was given to me), and I've simply strapped the band around the spoke of my steering wheel.

Simple, easy, always there and cheap.

If you do that, just do yourself a small favor, get one with 100 meter rating... I've seen some with 50m rating fog up, for just couple $$ more, you can help guard against that.

Richard

/ What Time Is It ??? #10  
....or, get one of those inexpensive digital bicycle computers that mount on the handlebars, maybe $20.00 for a decent one. Then you can tell the time, speed of your tractor (some creative mounting of the pickup required, but not difficult), distance you traveled, time in the tractor seat, etc. Some are wireless and even have an altimeter and a heart rate monitor (for when you "almost" roll it on the hill) for not too much more $.

Bill in CO