Need more HP in my 2012 gmc 2500 6.0L

/ Need more HP in my 2012 gmc 2500 6.0L #31  
About the 6.0L vs Duramax: there are Dmax's running around with 500hp for a normal guys kind of money, and way over a 1000ftlbs. Competition Dmaxs are running over a 1000hp and nearing 2000ftlbs of torque. I've never heard of someone taking a 6.0L that far.

/ Need more HP in my 2012 gmc 2500 6.0L #32  
I tell ya, I dont know how anybody towed anything in the old days! :)

/ Need more HP in my 2012 gmc 2500 6.0L #33  
6.0's are a LSX engine. I think there are people making over 2000hp with a lsx.

/ Need more HP in my 2012 gmc 2500 6.0L #34  
94BULLITT said:
The older chevys had a 4L80, I don't know about the new one's. I know a guy that has a 01 Dodge with the Cummins he is on his 4th trans at around 150k. He is afraid to tow with it.

I hope he has better luck in the future. My 01 appears to have original auto at 178k. I bought it a few years ago and haul a lot. If the tranny cooler gets clogged the one way valve gets stuck and they die every few thousand miles. He needs a transmission temp gauge.

/ Need more HP in my 2012 gmc 2500 6.0L #37  
I think you made a big mistake. Your considering a supercharger? By the time it is said and done, you have voided your warranty, most likely will have tuning issues, later on blow your engine due to a bad tune (happens all the time) and then before the blown motor will have spent more than what the deisel would have cost. Even so if all went well intially, that motor wont last long becuase it wasnt setup for blown application with forged internals it will live a short life with the towing. Leave the truck oalone or cut your losses and learn your fromyour mistake. Should have gone deisel from the beginning bud. Sorry to piss on your parade but you should have did more research before your buy. I have an extensive history with doing blown and turbo applications in mustangs so just wanted to let you know, its not something that you do once and all will be good and dandy for the next couple years.

Also, gears are the only thing that will make a difference. intake and exhaust will not make any seat of the pants gains. only gains on the dyno but minescule. A programmer wont make anything noticeable either. Programmers will only make huge gains on deisel applications

I agree, When you add this or that to gain more power it usually has an adverse affect on other parts. IE, Pistons, rods, drive train, tranny, etc,etc, That's why my turbo diesel is bone stock !

/ Need more HP in my 2012 gmc 2500 6.0L #38  
if you want speed buy a car a trucks made to haul and tow i can gross my 3500hd out 20k while towing the only problems are the steep hills i want a D max to but with all the emission crap they dont get any better MPGs then the gassers im 34 im over playing ricky racer everyday why would anybody want to beat a truck that cost 30-50k side note an LSX is gm s race LS engine

/ Need more HP in my 2012 gmc 2500 6.0L #39  
Change the cam and a few other things and a race engine is an industrial engine . You can build a torque monster gas engine:thumbsup:

/ Need more HP in my 2012 gmc 2500 6.0L #40  
IMHO...Not...You hook up 15K to a modded 6 vs a stock duramax and run it up and down a few mountain passes. Dollar for dollar and versatility you throw exhaust, EFI Live with a DSP5, Allison built tranny(4k), EGT guage and with a flick of a switch you can go between 50 to 250 hp(700-1050 torque) with that Duramax. I'll put my modestly built LBZ against any modded 6 or 8.1 pulling and we'll see who tops the hill first and keeps the temps down. Not to mention I'll be enjoying my 14mpg pulling at 65-70 while the modded 6 with lots of HP and still not the torque will be working to get 8mpg.