Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Default Re: New LED lighting for half the price

Quote Originally Posted by nelsond7004 View Post
    PineRidge, I appreciate your offer. Might have to take you up on that. I have thought about using a relay, but wasn't to sure of how to set it all up.
    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

If you have any questions just ask.

-light-jpg

Tractor
    JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158

I looked at a few of the sellers ads and noticed that the work temperature range he gives is -45c to +5. 5c is 40f, this can't be right. Is there any better information on operating temperature range provided with the lights?

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 2320

I think that was a listing error with a zero left off after the +5.
    -40c to + 50 c would be more logical, (-40F to 120F)
    I don't remember seeing specs listed on paper it the boxes.
    The lights came bubble wraped in small boxes that fit in a shipping envelope.
    no fancy retail display box with literature to reduce packaging and shipping cost most likely.
    I must say they work very nice. iI have only used them in temperatures from 80F down to 42F so far.
    The housing for the light is made of a cast aluminum with heat disapating fins on the back.
    Nice stainless steel bolts and brackets.
    -new-tractor-300-jpg
    Tom

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035, JD 2240, 420

The big problem with LED lighting in the winter usually involves lights on the rear of tractor trailers [ brake, tail, marker ], where they get packed with snow in the back draft of the trailer. They also suck in some traffic lights and can get covered in snow under certain wind conditions. But these flood type LED lamps get warm enough so that tractor lighting does not seem to have a problem..even when snow blowing. Several folks have mentioned that they do not attract skeeters/moths/etc. at night, too..
    48" CID QA forks, 6' EverythingAttachments Land Plane, 78" JRW rear blower, homemade 1 ton rear weight, homemade boom

Big Dooley, just wanted an update on your LED lights? Still working good for you? I'm looking at the 27 watt lights from the same seller.

Tractor
    John Deere 2520 and 2305

Quote Originally Posted by dnrsslr View Post
    Big Dooley, just wanted an update on your LED lights? Still working good for you? I'm looking at the 27 watt lights from the same seller.
    I have several of the 27W lights. Great lights, very bright and great seller!!!
    2007 JD 2305, 2008 JD 2520 w/200cx loader, Harbor Freight quick hitch, homemade pallet forks, 5' KK tiller, 5' KKxb disc, 4' landpride pulverizer, Frontier RB1072 blade, homemade 5 1/2' lawn roller at 3500lbs, 2005 John Deere 797 w/60" deck, 2009 John Deere 997 w/ 72" deck, 2005 JD HPX Gator w/power dump, 1998 Toro 455D 10.5' deck!

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 2320

Heck yes they are working great!
    I have 18 Watt for the rear and 27 Watt for the front.
    I used them quite a bit for leaf pickup and mowing after dark in the fall. Lately hauling wood after dinner and a little snow plowing.
    very happy with them.
    -new-tractor-741-jpg
    2012 JD 2320, HOMEMADE CANOPY, 54" FRONT BLADE, 54" MID DECK MOWER, HYDRAULIC ANGLE 60" REAR BLADE, QUICK HITCH, STAINLESS FRONT MOUNT SPRAY TANK W/BOOM, 200CX LOADER W/ 61" BUCKET, HOMEMADE BALLAST BOX,HOMEMADE BUCKET GRAPPLE
    1998 "BIG DOOLEY" Chevy K3500 Crew Cab (36.000 miles & counting)

United Steel Workers Union 12934

Thank you to Big Dooly and newt92 for the recommendations. For any others that are searching, here is a link to the ones I just bought: 2X 27W High Power LED Light Jeep Wrangler Offroad Folklift Komatsu Bow Fishing | eBay

I see some discussion about using a relay for lights. Why would you use a relay and not just a switch in the hot leg of the wire going to the lights?

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Quote Originally Posted by dnrsslr View Post
    I see some discussion about using a relay for lights. Why would you use a relay and not just a switch in the hot leg of the wire going to the lights?
    Switching the hot leg is far easier, so long as current doesn't exceed capacity of switch. A couple of traditional lights can easily exceed switch specs. LED is less likely so.

"As you go through life, make this your goal: watch the donut, not the hole"

Kubota B7800
    BH-75A Backhoe
    Rhino 60'' finish mower

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast