Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 2320

Default New LED lighting for half the price

2x 18w High Power LED Work Light Lamp 4x4 Offroad Tractor Truck Flood/ Spot 12V | eBay
    This ebay link is where i purchased my new lights and they are very bright and very well made.
    My factory lights on my 2012 model JD2320 fail in comparison to these lights and they are only the small 18 watt version.
    my rear work lights are tsc 12 volt sealed beams. they might as well be lanterns when comparing them to the new led lights.
    save yourself some money and buyers remorse.
    stainless mounting hardware included in the (2) two light set. not one light most sellers offer for the same price.
    tom-new-tractor-300-jpg-new-tractor-301-jpg-new-tractor-302-jpg-new-tractor-303-jpg-new-tractor-304-jpg

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035 HST

Default Re: New LED lighting for half the price

Nice lights, I wonder how bright they are compared to the off road lights made by KC daylighters? I like led for flashlights.

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 2320

thanks
    these models are a flood light than a spot light or pencil beam.
    just perfect for my snow plowing needs and yard work after sundown.
    i do free snow plowing for quite a few elderly people and neighbor(s) on a private road near my home.
    they also make brighter models and have them for sale in pairs also or sets of 4,8,....
    you can search the same sellers other items.
    for my needs, these are fantastic.
    the amperage draw on the alternator is much less than halogen or sealed beam.
    i am going to replace the rear work lights with the same models.
    you can get extremely bright baha or off-road models but hang on to your hat when you see the prices of the off road light bars in led.
    i like the led flashlights also.
    i have streamlight knuckleheads with a multibay charger and 3 Stinger DS LED HP hand helds.
    the stinger hp led handhelds shoot an incredible spot well over 4 city blocks.
    time will bring led lighting down.
    my employer has been replacing hp sodium and metal halide lights with led explosion proof lights.
    some fixtures are well over $1000 right now.
    time will get all of these down.
    i remember people paying over $700 for a vcr years ago when they first came out and plasma tv's for $14,000.
    tom

Tractor
    2009 Mahindra 2816 Gear

Those are some good looking lights. I have been looking at these same lights for a few months now. I am just trying to figure out what wattage and how many my Mahindra will handle. My tractor has a 50 amp alternator which I think will handle LEDs fine, but the owners manual says the light circuit is only rated at 23watts.
    2009 Mahindra 2816 Gear, 106 FEL, 3710 BH
    Kodiak 5' SD Rotary Cutter w/slip clutch
    Howse 12" Single Bottom Plow
    Ford Disc Harrow 5ft

U.S. Navy Veteran

Tractor
    Kubota BX-24 - other goodies listed in my profile.

Thanks for the tip, Big Dooley.

I'd looked at them awhile back, and with nightfall hitting earlier, it's a timely purchase. I just ordered a set. I went with the 18w... not worth the price jump to 24w for the small gain in rated lumens.

Paul
    2008 BX-24 with MMM, brush hog, york rake, rear blade; handcrafted 5-tine forks; clamp-on pallet forks; bolt-on/off ripper tooth for BH bucket; Bro-Tek real wheel spacers and BH thumb; Piranha toothbar; Ratchet Rake; 3pt snowblower; extra LED lighting.

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Quote Originally Posted by nelsond7004 View Post
    Those are some good looking lights. I have been looking at these same lights for a few months now. I am just trying to figure out what wattage and how many my Mahindra will handle. My tractor has a 50 amp alternator which I think will handle LEDs fine, but the owners manual says the light circuit is only rated at 23watts.
    You can always add your own relay and switch to control whatever lights you may choose to add. If you are interested I would be more than willing to draw you a simple schematic. I added snow plow lights under the canopy for winter plowing and they work great. Ebay purchase.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -son-jpg  

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

I find forward canopy mounted floods to put too much light on the hood and loader. There is a place for beams with a good bottom cutoff patern.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D HST 4WD FEL/BH

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOOLEY View Post
    ...just perfect for my snow plowing needs and yard work after sundown.
    i do free snow plowing for quite a few elderly people and neighbor(s) on a private road near my home...
    Just keep in mind the LED lights do NOT produce heat so they will not melt snow that may accumulate on the lens of the lights like conventional lights do.
    New Holland Workmaster 45 2WD Gear
    Massey Ferguson 240
    New Holland TC40D HST 4WD
    NewHolland 16LA FEL
    Woods BH 70-X Sub-frame Backhoe
    Troybuilt Super Bronco w/42" mower
    Husqvarna DRT 900 Tiller
    Ariens 6.5 HP String Mower
    Husqvarna HU625WT String Mower

3 point hitch attachments:
    single plow, double plow, 5' & 6' deck mower, tiller, 2 cultivators, planter, fertilizer spreader, disk set, sprayer, and a few homemade attachments

30 acres, 15 acres, 5 acres

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PT 422

Quote Originally Posted by Qapla View Post
    Just keep in mind the LED lights do NOT produce heat so they will not melt snow that may accumulate on the lens of the lights like conventional lights do.
    I've not had a lot of experience with LED lights and snow, but from the little i've had, it seemed like the lights stayed clear, they seemed the produce some heat, nothing like a halogen though. We also don't get much snow nor is it very cold either.

Tractor
    2009 Mahindra 2816 Gear

Quote Originally Posted by PineRidge View Post
    You can always add your own relay and switch to control whatever lights you may choose to add. If you are interested I would be more than willing to draw you a simple schematic. I added snow plow lights under the canopy for winter plowing and they work great. Ebay purchase.
    PineRidge, I appreciate your offer. Might have to take you up on that. I have thought about using a relay, but wasn't to sure of how to set it all up.
    2009 Mahindra 2816 Gear, 106 FEL, 3710 BH
    Kodiak 5' SD Rotary Cutter w/slip clutch
    Howse 12" Single Bottom Plow
    Ford Disc Harrow 5ft

U.S. Navy Veteran

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast