New LED lighting for half the price

/ New LED lighting for half the price #1  

BIG DOOLEY

Platinum Member
Tractor
JOHN DEERE 2320
2x 18w High Power LED Work Light Lamp 4x4 Offroad Tractor Truck Flood/ Spot 12V | eBay
This ebay link is where i purchased my new lights and they are very bright and very well made.
My factory lights on my 2012 model JD2320 fail in comparison to these lights and they are only the small 18 watt version.
my rear work lights are tsc 12 volt sealed beams. they might as well be lanterns when comparing them to the new led lights.
save yourself some money and buyers remorse.
stainless mounting hardware included in the (2) two light set. not one light most sellers offer for the same price.
tom new tractor 300.JPGnew tractor 301.JPGnew tractor 302.JPGnew tractor 303.JPGnew tractor 304.JPG

/ New LED lighting for half the price #2  
Nice lights, I wonder how bright they are compared to the off road lights made by KC daylighters? I like led for flashlights.

/ New LED lighting for half the price
thanks
these models are a flood light than a spot light or pencil beam.
just perfect for my snow plowing needs and yard work after sundown.
i do free snow plowing for quite a few elderly people and neighbor(s) on a private road near my home.
they also make brighter models and have them for sale in pairs also or sets of 4,8,....
you can search the same sellers other items.
for my needs, these are fantastic.
the amperage draw on the alternator is much less than halogen or sealed beam.
i am going to replace the rear work lights with the same models.
you can get extremely bright baha or off-road models but hang on to your hat when you see the prices of the off road light bars in led.
i like the led flashlights also.
i have streamlight knuckleheads with a multibay charger and 3 Stinger DS LED HP hand helds.
the stinger hp led handhelds shoot an incredible spot well over 4 city blocks.
time will bring led lighting down.
my employer has been replacing hp sodium and metal halide lights with led explosion proof lights.
some fixtures are well over $1000 right now.
time will get all of these down.
i remember people paying over $700 for a vcr years ago when they first came out and plasma tv's for $14,000.
tom

/ New LED lighting for half the price #4  
Those are some good looking lights. I have been looking at these same lights for a few months now. I am just trying to figure out what wattage and how many my Mahindra will handle. My tractor has a 50 amp alternator which I think will handle LEDs fine, but the owners manual says the light circuit is only rated at 23watts.

/ New LED lighting for half the price #5  
Thanks for the tip, Big Dooley.

I'd looked at them awhile back, and with nightfall hitting earlier, it's a timely purchase. I just ordered a set. I went with the 18w... not worth the price jump to 24w for the small gain in rated lumens.

Paul

/ New LED lighting for half the price #6  
Those are some good looking lights. I have been looking at these same lights for a few months now. I am just trying to figure out what wattage and how many my Mahindra will handle. My tractor has a 50 amp alternator which I think will handle LEDs fine, but the owners manual says the light circuit is only rated at 23watts.

You can always add your own relay and switch to control whatever lights you may choose to add. If you are interested I would be more than willing to draw you a simple schematic. I added snow plow lights under the canopy for winter plowing and they work great. Ebay purchase.

Attachments

• son.jpg
    son.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 579
   / New LED lighting for half the price #7  
I find forward canopy mounted floods to put too much light on the hood and loader. There is a place for beams with a good bottom cutoff patern.
larry

/ New LED lighting for half the price #8  
...just perfect for my snow plowing needs and yard work after sundown.
i do free snow plowing for quite a few elderly people and neighbor(s) on a private road near my home...

Just keep in mind the LED lights do NOT produce heat so they will not melt snow that may accumulate on the lens of the lights like conventional lights do.

/ New LED lighting for half the price #9  
Just keep in mind the LED lights do NOT produce heat so they will not melt snow that may accumulate on the lens of the lights like conventional lights do.
I've not had a lot of experience with LED lights and snow, but from the little i've had, it seemed like the lights stayed clear, they seemed the produce some heat, nothing like a halogen though. We also don't get much snow nor is it very cold either.

/ New LED lighting for half the price #10  
You can always add your own relay and switch to control whatever lights you may choose to add. If you are interested I would be more than willing to draw you a simple schematic. I added snow plow lights under the canopy for winter plowing and they work great. Ebay purchase.

PineRidge, I appreciate your offer. Might have to take you up on that. I have thought about using a relay, but wasn't to sure of how to set it all up.