Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST

Default Re: Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights

Paul: I lying in bed, thinking about how to mount my new LED floods to my ROPS bar, remembering your photos, and the thought of all the light your rig will send thru the windows of anybody trying to sleep if they live next to those parking lots you'll be plowing. The Beatle's tune "Here Comes the Sun" came to mind...

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 HSDC

Paul, great job! Thank you for sharing your mods with everyone, everyone here truly loves your workmanship. Regarding the top lights when you plow do you have worry about low hanging branches, etc. that could damage the lights? Stanley
    Stanley----Kubota B3030 HSDC

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Judging by the heatsink on the back of the 20" lightbar, I would say they will be warm enough to keep the snow melted off of them. Good job as usual Paul, looks great, and effective.

James K0UA
    James K0UA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner NRA Life Member How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN .

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by varmint View Post
    Paul: I lying in bed, thinking about how to mount my new LED floods to my ROPS bar, remembering your photos, and the thought of all the light your rig will send thru the windows of anybody trying to sleep if they live next to those parking lots you'll be plowing. The Beatle's tune "Here Comes the Sun" came to mind...
    OMG. You sir are a real tractor fan. Lying in bed thinking about tractors I may have to give everyone a welders lens to cover there eyes with while I'm out plowing snow Now you just know every time I hit the switch to turn them on I'll be singing that song

Quote Originally Posted by srs View Post
    Paul, great job! Thank you for sharing your mods with everyone, everyone here truly loves your workmanship. Regarding the top lights when you plow do you have worry about low hanging branches, etc. that could damage the lights? Stanley
    Stanley it's guys like yourself that keep me posting this these mods. When I see comments like this it makes it all worth it. As for branches, everywhere I got is pretty wide open areas. If I did have to use the machine in an area that posed some danger to the top lights I have them designed that they can be removed in less than ten minutes. All wiring have weather packed connectors that un-clip very easily. It only takes two 13 mm wrenches to remove it all. Great question

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Judging by the heatsink on the back of the 20" lightbar, I would say they will be warm enough to keep the snow melted off of them. Good job as usual Paul, looks great, and effective.

James K0UA
    Good point James. I really didn't think about that. I'm hoping your right. Thanks again for commenting my friend
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Hey Paul as usual you have another great mod. What is the rated Lumens of the LED lights? Sure looks like a lot of light. Not that that is a problem.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by dex3361 View Post
    Hey Paul as usual you have another great mod. What is the rated Lumens of the LED lights? Sure looks like a lot of light. Not that that is a problem.
    Thanks Randall. The Lumens is aprox. 7200. Oh ya. It's a lot of light

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

So, when is light too much light. I am not being safety police on this, just wondering these issues. How does oncoming traffic deal with that direct of light. Seems almost blinding. Second, what about in a heavy snow. with the light bar above, the snow is going to reflect immediately, could it create a whiteout condition? I am asking because I want to "steal" your idea, but I have really thought hard about too many lumens...

But let me say, amazing work. You got the fit and finish factory perfect. Very impressed.
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    Thanks Randall. The Lumens is aprox. 7200. Oh ya. It's a lot of light
    Better make sure you have your sunscreen on if you get out of the cab.
    I can see it now Paul tooling around in the snow at night wearing sunglasses and needing them.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    A couple

Paul's tractor is so well lit that its visible from the ISS (International Space Station).
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by woodlandfarms View Post
    So, when is light too much light. I am not being safety police on this, just wondering these issues. How does oncoming traffic deal with that direct of light. Seems almost blinding. Second, what about in a heavy snow. with the light bar above, the snow is going to reflect immediately, could it create a whiteout condition? I am asking because I want to "steal" your idea, but I have really thought hard about too many lumens...

But let me say, amazing work. You got the fit and finish factory perfect. Very impressed.
    I think there's to much light is when I can't see out of the cab I think folks assume that all these light will be on at all times but the fact is that they are only there for different situations. 80% of the time ill only be using the original tractor lights but if I'm plowing a large parking lot late night with a lot of vehicles parked on it then maybe ill use these newer LED lights. They will never be on during traveling the tractor or general tractor usage. It's just nice to have them there just in case plus it was a nice project
    Great post though and thanks for this

Quote Originally Posted by dex3361 View Post
    Better make sure you have your sunscreen on if you get out of the cab.
    I can see it now Paul tooling around in the snow at night wearing sunglasses and needing them.
    Going to do a group buy on the sun screen. All the neighbours are buying as well

Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    Paul's tractor is so well lit that its visible from the ISS (International Space Station).
    Na Matt that isn't the tractor there seeing. It's my bike

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast