Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #11  
Paul: I lying in bed, thinking about how to mount my new LED floods to my ROPS bar, remembering your photos, and the thought of all the light your rig will send thru the windows of anybody trying to sleep if they live next to those parking lots you'll be plowing. The Beatle's tune "Here Comes the Sun" came to mind...

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #12  
Paul, great job! Thank you for sharing your mods with everyone, everyone here truly loves your workmanship. Regarding the top lights when you plow do you have worry about low hanging branches, etc. that could damage the lights? Stanley

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #13  
Judging by the heatsink on the back of the 20" lightbar, I would say they will be warm enough to keep the snow melted off of them. Good job as usual Paul, looks great, and effective.

James K0UA

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights
Paul: I lying in bed, thinking about how to mount my new LED floods to my ROPS bar, remembering your photos, and the thought of all the light your rig will send thru the windows of anybody trying to sleep if they live next to those parking lots you'll be plowing. The Beatle's tune "Here Comes the Sun" came to mind...

OMG. You sir are a real tractor fan. Lying in bed thinking about tractors :laughing: I may have to give everyone a welders lens to cover there eyes with while I'm out plowing snow :laughing: Now you just know every time I hit the switch to turn them on I'll be singing that song :D

Paul, great job! Thank you for sharing your mods with everyone, everyone here truly loves your workmanship. Regarding the top lights when you plow do you have worry about low hanging branches, etc. that could damage the lights? Stanley

Stanley it's guys like yourself that keep me posting this these mods. When I see comments like this it makes it all worth it. As for branches, everywhere I got is pretty wide open areas. If I did have to use the machine in an area that posed some danger to the top lights I have them designed that they can be removed in less than ten minutes. All wiring have weather packed connectors that un-clip very easily. It only takes two 13 mm wrenches to remove it all. Great question :thumbsup:

Judging by the heatsink on the back of the 20" lightbar, I would say they will be warm enough to keep the snow melted off of them. Good job as usual Paul, looks great, and effective.

James K0UA

Good point James. I really didn't think about that. I'm hoping your right. Thanks again for commenting my friend :thumbsup:

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #15  
Hey Paul as usual you have another great mod. What is the rated Lumens of the LED lights? Sure looks like a lot of light. Not that that is a problem.:D

Hey Paul as usual you have another great mod. What is the rated Lumens of the LED lights? Sure looks like a lot of light. Not that that is a problem.:D

Thanks Randall. The Lumens is aprox. 7200. Oh ya. It's a lot of light :eek:

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #17  
So, when is light too much light. I am not being safety police on this, just wondering these issues. How does oncoming traffic deal with that direct of light. Seems almost blinding. Second, what about in a heavy snow. with the light bar above, the snow is going to reflect immediately, could it create a whiteout condition? I am asking because I want to "steal" your idea, but I have really thought hard about too many lumens...

But let me say, amazing work. You got the fit and finish factory perfect. Very impressed.

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #18  
Thanks Randall. The Lumens is aprox. 7200. Oh ya. It's a lot of light :eek:

Better make sure you have your sunscreen on if you get out of the cab.
I can see it now Paul tooling around in the snow at night wearing sunglasses and needing them.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #19  
Paul's tractor is so well lit that its visible from the ISS (International Space Station). :laughing:

So, when is light too much light. I am not being safety police on this, just wondering these issues. How does oncoming traffic deal with that direct of light. Seems almost blinding. Second, what about in a heavy snow. with the light bar above, the snow is going to reflect immediately, could it create a whiteout condition? I am asking because I want to "steal" your idea, but I have really thought hard about too many lumens...

But let me say, amazing work. You got the fit and finish factory perfect. Very impressed.

I think there's to much light is when I can't see out of the cab :laughing: I think folks assume that all these light will be on at all times but the fact is that they are only there for different situations. 80% of the time ill only be using the original tractor lights but if I'm plowing a large parking lot late night with a lot of vehicles parked on it then maybe ill use these newer LED lights. They will never be on during traveling the tractor or general tractor usage. It's just nice to have them there just in case plus it was a nice project :D
Great post though and thanks for this :)

Better make sure you have your sunscreen on if you get out of the cab.
I can see it now Paul tooling around in the snow at night wearing sunglasses and needing them.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Going to do a group buy on the sun screen. All the neighbours are buying as well :laughing:

Paul's tractor is so well lit that its visible from the ISS (International Space Station). :laughing:

Na Matt that isn't the tractor there seeing. It's my bike :laughing:

l11.jpg

l10.jpg