Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #41  
This will be my 4th season commercially clearing snow, 2 yrs with Case 105U, one year with JD 6330 and this year will be a Case 110 or similar. The LED Light bar I get, never enough light when clearing snow. What's the point of the Alley lights though? I haven't found a situation yet where I was trying to go sideways.

Thanks

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights
This will be my 4th season commercially clearing snow, 2 yrs with Case 105U, one year with JD 6330 and this year will be a Case 110 or similar. The LED Light bar I get, never enough light when clearing snow. What's the point of the Alley lights though? I haven't found a situation yet where I was trying to go sideways.

Thanks

I have areas that I do and at times some of the narrow areas don't get snow and other times they do so when I'd drive by in the middle of the night I'd use a flashlight to look down the area's. its the same way with some long private unlit driveways. Now i'll just pull up and turn the alley lights on without having to drive in front on. With the alley lights there's no need for a flashlight.

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #43  
That make sense, I guess it all depends on how the land/buildings sit.

Any of the areas I've been are either small enough that by the time I've slowed enough to look, I could have it scraped again or it's too long/curved so I have to drive in anyway. Always used a pull type blower. Best time I've gotten is 42 driveways (in town, residential) in an hour including 10 min drive from the yard. Regularly do 125 in 3.5 hrs. Last year sucked, I could almost out-drive the lights on some of the lanes I had (rural residential). Those LEDs would have been great.

That make sense, I guess it all depends on how the land/buildings sit.

Any of the areas I've been are either small enough that by the time I've slowed enough to look, I could have it scraped again or it's too long/curved so I have to drive in anyway. Always used a pull type blower. Best time I've gotten is 42 driveways (in town, residential) in an hour including 10 min drive from the yard. Regularly do 125 in 3.5 hrs. Last year sucked, I could almost out-drive the lights on some of the lanes I had (rural residential). Those LEDs would have been great.

You must be doing driveways and all close to eachother. I do some private drives but some larger parking lots as well. Don't rely on it for a living but seeing I need to keep my own property open I may as well offset the cost by doing others.
I was in Ottawa this spring. Got two military sons in Petawawa. Loved the area. :cool:

Today the new rear 15" LED light arrived so I got it installed. I used weatherproof connectors on the light as well on most of the other lights I've installed. They use solderless connectors and work very well. Man this light is very bright. Now all I have to do is wait for some snow:p

Here's a few pics of the completed mod. Video will be coming soon

rl1.jpg

rl2.jpg

rl3.jpg

rl4.jpg

rl5.jpg

rl6.jpg

rl7.jpg

rl8.jpg

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #46  
Crikey! When Killer II is all lit up, Mr. Magoo will think he's in Las Vegas. As always, good work my friend.

Crikey! When Killer II is all lit up, Mr. Magoo will think he's in Las Vegas. As always, good work my friend.

:laughing: I guess your right. :)
Well I can say that Killer is now complete. That's the last of the mods. I can now start the mods on the latest machine Matt ;)
Hopefully the weather will improve in the next day or so and I'll do a video. Thanks my friend for the laugh and your kind words :thumbsup:

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #48  
Nice light.

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #49  
Thanks for the update Paul. I am definitely going to swap out my Kubota L45 work lights for LED's when my wallet recovers from the new wheels I just had to purchase.

I look forward to seeing some night time snow removal photos and/or videos.

Enjoy your first snowfall in the dark!

Regards,

Lauren

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #50  
Awesome job as always, look forward to seeing a pic of all that light reflecting off freshly fallen snow, that'll light 'er up!