Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
This winter it looks as if I'm going to be doing more snow clearing than normal. I got two more contracts and considering most of my seat time is in complete darkness I wanted to have the best possible lighting I could find. After much research I found a company in the US called Exploration Outfitters that sold the LED lighting I needed. I ordered up a 20" double row LED light bar and two 2" LED lights that I needed for Alley lights. When they arrived the first thing that impressed me was their quality. there was a card in each light stating they were tested before being shipped and that was great.

Now the next thing I had to do was design a light bar mount on the Kubota 5740 that would also accept the alley lights. I went with some 7/8th aluminum pipe. As you can see by the photo's I bent it to fit the contour of the cab. I machined end caps to give it a finished look. The next step was to mount it to the cab. I removed the mirrors so I wouldn't burn up the plastic bushings in the mounts then I made additional tabs to accept the light bar. I removed the roof and installed a new NAPA lighted switch in the head liner and ran the wiring. The 20' light will take 8 amps and the 2" will take.8 of an amp to run. The difference in lighting is astonishing. I'll let the photo's tell the rest of the story. Check out the link. if there's something you like email or call Matt and he'll set you up with some top quality lighting. I'll let the photo's tell the rest of the story but I will say I won't be in the dark this coming winter ;)

Exploration Outfitters - Offroad/Overland & Public Safety Equipment

Exploration Outfitters - 20 Inch LED Lightbar

Exploration Outfitters - 2" LED Lights

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

Started off with this:

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights
b6.jpg

lighted.jpg

b7.jpg

b8.jpg

This is with the top tractor lights on:

b9.jpg

This is with just the new LED light bar on :shocked:

b10.jpg

Front view:

b11.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the post :)

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #3  
Wow- like you said, the pictures tell the story! Not that I want to get up at 3 in the morning to go plow/blow snow, but if I had to, your setup is probably one of the best going. I just ordered some 18w LED floods for my little 'Bota, so if I have to go out, cab-less, this winter, I will be able to see a little bit, too. Nice work.

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #4  
WOW what a NICE set up and yes I see the light......LOL.:thumbsup:

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #5  
I guess I'm used to seeing "flashlight" LED's and the suck.
But your lights certainly have a wow factor!!
Very nice job.

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #6  
Paul, nice work as usual. Will the newer LED's generate enough heat to melt snow off of them.
Bill

Wow- like you said, the pictures tell the story! Not that I want to get up at 3 in the morning to go plow/blow snow, but if I had to, your setup is probably one of the best going. I just ordered some 18w LED floods for my little 'Bota, so if I have to go out, cab-less, this winter, I will be able to see a little bit, too. Nice work.

Thanks. They are unbelievable lights. All the connectors are weather pack plugs, all cast aluminum housings with stainless hardware. When you get your lights installed post a few photos. I like looking at photos to :dance1:
Thanks again for posting.

WOW what a NICE set up and yes I see the light......LOL.:thumbsup:

:cool: Thanks. I'm happy with the way it worked out. I'm hoping it will make those late nights a little more comfortable plowing snow

I guess I'm used to seeing "flashlight" LED's and the suck.
But your lights certainly have a wow factor!!
Very nice job.

Thank you very much. I guess buying LED's are like everything else, if you want good quality you have to pay for it. ;)

Paul, nice work as usual. Will the newer LED's generate enough heat to melt snow off of them.
Bill

Thanks Bill. Not sure about the heat. Time will tell. These will only be used in large parking lots and never on the road. You could almost use these for X-Rays if need be :laughing:

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #8  
Nice addition. It seems like you are prepared for this winter. :thumbsup:

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #9  
Paul you sure do quality work and I like looking at your completed projects. The forktruck just blows me away and the mods on your tractor are works of art. I am glad I do not live near you or I would be broke having you mod my tractors.

Nice addition. It seems like you are prepared for this winter. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Yep I'm almost their. One more mod to go :laughing:

Paul you sure do quality work and I like looking at your completed projects. The forktruck just blows me away and the mods on your tractor are works of art. I am glad I do not live near you or I would be broke having you mod my tractors.

Thank you my friend. That old fork lift has been so handy to have around the shop. It's funny though when you see folks stopping by taking photos of it. I did that fork lift more as a joke than anything else but it's sure grabbed a lot of attention. Appreciate your thoughts on the tractor. Come on snow :thumbsup: