Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    A couple

Default Re: led lights tying into factory lights? Kubota L4330

Bandit:

I like it that you put plugs in the end of your square tubing light mounts, and added caps over the exposed threaded portion of your U-bolts. Now all you have to do to complete it is put the exposed wires inside some 1/4" corrugated wire loom to make it look snazzy.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    Bandit:

I like it that you put plugs in the end of your square tubing light mounts, and added caps over the exposed threaded portion of your U-bolts. Now all you have to do to complete it is put the exposed wires inside some 1/4" corrugated wire loom to make it look snazzy.
    Being that the tractor was pretty new when I did the lights, I didn't want to drill the ROPS to feed the wires down inside the ROPS. So I wire loomed the wires and zip tied the wire looms to the ROPS. Four years later, the lights are still working great, and the wires have been protected from tree branches, held up to snow clearing during blizzards that soaked me through my supposed Gortex outerwear, etc. The bolt caps were to keep my noggin protected when climbing on and off the backhoe.

Here are a couple pics showing the wire looms running down the ROPS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -155_5580-2-jpg   -155_5581-2-jpg  
    2012 Kubota B3000, block heater, filled rears, rear wheel spacers, fender extensions, LA403 w/60" bucket, BH77 w/12" bucket & mechanical thumb, Kubota pin-type QA, Kubota forks, Caroni TM1600 flail, Buhler Allied YC6010 3pt blower, Meyer 72" FEL mounted plow, Midwest LR2072 rake

Previous machines:

2008 Kubota B3030 (Open Station), LA403, BH75, 4 - 55w halogen front & rear ROPS mounted worklights with L39 dash switches
    2004 Case NH DX24E Subcompact

Kubotas from Barlow's

Tractor
    A couple

Very cool Bandit.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST/LA463 loader JD 318 / 3ph(cat. 0)

I have almost the same setup as Notforhire with the 4 X 27 watt led's, except I mounted them below the rops bar so low branches wouldn't whack them off. I, too, powered them off the 10 amp work light circuit, tapping into the wire right after the fuse and feeding an old style push / pull headlight switch mounted to the left of the steering column opposite the steering wheel. The forward facing lights are connected to the dash terminal and the rear are connected to the headlight terminal, so pulling the switch to the first position turns on the front lights and the second position turns on all 4. No need for a relay, the switch is rated 15 amps and all 4 lights are only 9 amps. I did have to run an extra wire for the rear lights but was able to fish it in the factory wire loom. Plenty of light, but they cause some glare on the top corners of my glasses, so I am pondering installing some sort of shields to the forward facing pair to eliminate the glare.
    Happy as if I had good sense.
    One orange, one green.

Tractor
    Case/IH DX33

I have run two separate setups on my DX33 Case. I've had some "el cheapo" for lights mounted to my loader that I wired right off of the headlights and they worked ok. I just switched to LED lights from tractorhelp.com and they have worked great so far. Seem to give a broader light even if they don't broadcast as far. I switched as I didn't want to take a chance on cooking the alternator or any other wiring. Seems that even when I try to do it right, I cook something or another with the wiring. LOL

Love your bracket setup Bandit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bandit67

Being that the tractor was pretty new when I did the lights, I didn't want to drill the ROPS to feed the wires down inside the ROPS. So I wire loomed the wires and zip tied the wire looms to the ROPS. Four years later, the lights are still working great, and the wires have been protected from tree branches, held up to snow clearing during blizzards that soaked me through my supposed Gortex outerwear, etc. The bolt caps were to keep my noggin protected when climbing on and off the backhoe.

Here are a couple pics showing the wire looms running down the ROPS.
    Where did you get the mounting hardware?

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

I put the mounting brackets together myself. If I recall, all the hardware came from Home Depot. The square tube, the square shaped U-bolts, though it's possible the U-bolts came from my local Ace Hardware. The square tube comes in 18" or 2' pieces. I rattle can painted everything to match the kubota Grey. You can find the plastic plugs & bolt caps at HD, or your local hardware.

I built them that way so that I had a number of options on how to mount the lights in relation to the ROPS.
    2012 Kubota B3000, block heater, filled rears, rear wheel spacers, fender extensions, LA403 w/60" bucket, BH77 w/12" bucket & mechanical thumb, Kubota pin-type QA, Kubota forks, Caroni TM1600 flail, Buhler Allied YC6010 3pt blower, Meyer 72" FEL mounted plow, Midwest LR2072 rake

Previous machines:

2008 Kubota B3030 (Open Station), LA403, BH75, 4 - 55w halogen front & rear ROPS mounted worklights with L39 dash switches
    2004 Case NH DX24E Subcompact

Kubotas from Barlow's

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3540

Quote Originally Posted by Quebeker View Post
    I bought 2 12v Par-36 55 watts ATV/Truck/RV Utility Rubber Work Lamps (around 15$ each) and installed it on brackets inside the ROPS so it's not in the way when going in the woods. I connected it with the connectors that are located under the seat. I already had the kubota 35 watts worklignt installed and connected at the same place. Since all 3 cables goes to the sams fuse that is 10 amps, I changed it for a 15 amps (35 watts + 55 watts + 55 watts = 145 watts / 12 volts = 12 amps). A 10 amps fuse is too tight for those 3 lights at the time but, since it only draw 12 amps when they are all on , it won't damage the wires. I have to admit that I never try letting them on for a very long period of time (hours). Hope it will help you.

Will the wires handle an additional 5 amps? It's a ten in there now and I'd like to raise it to 15 but not sure if the kubota wiring will handle it. Any help would be appreciated.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

what wire size? and is it bundled ot not?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2008 Kubota 2350

I did something similar. However since my ROPS dont fold, i made some riser bars to mount to. Put lights on my kubota BX 2350 - YouTube

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast