A little help with these connectors?

/ A little help with these connectors? #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
I think I know how to put these together, but someone with experience might make life easier for me. I just got some of these AMP waterproof connectors from China, about 40 cents apiece, but no info on how to put them together. I think the make pins go into the larger half, from the inside, and snap in, after the wire is crimped on. The female parts go behind the red plastic parts, and snap in, but until I put one together (or fail) I don't know for sure. Anybody with experience?? $T2eC16V,!)kE9s4,!!FsBQ(0s-GRZ!~~60_3[1].jpg

/ A little help with these connectors? #2  
You might be able to put either male or female pins in each connector body. That way you could use several connecters and no worrys about hooking up the wrong things. If you put the pins in they can be hard to get them out. But it can be done. You will need a small metal tube to slide over the pins and hold the barbs in as you slide it out of the housing.

/ A little help with these connectors? #3  
more than likely the female pins go in the male connector and the male pins in the female body. and ALL of them are inserted from the backside of the connector.

/ A little help with these connectors? #4  
I think I know how to put these together, but someone with experience might make life easier for me. I just got some of these AMP waterproof connectors from China, about 40 cents apiece, but no info on how to put them together. I think the make pins go into the larger half, from the inside, and snap in, after the wire is crimped on. The female parts go behind the red plastic parts, and snap in, but until I put one together (or fail) I don't know for sure. Anybody with experience??View attachment 286250

why don't you PM 4shorts he is one of the frequent posters here, and I believe I have seen some of his project where he used those.

The pins look like Molex pins, and once you slide the pins in the connector, as other have said they are very difficult to get back out.. They make a special tool to do it with, as said a thin metal tube to compress the barbs. Good luck with them

James K0UA

J

/ A little help with these connectors? #5  
I think I know how to put these together, but someone with experience might make life easier for me. I just got some of these AMP waterproof connectors from China, about 40 cents apiece, but no info on how to put them together. I think the make pins go into the larger half, from the inside, and snap in, after the wire is crimped on. The female parts go behind the red plastic parts, and snap in, but until I put one together (or fail) I don't know for sure. Anybody with experience??View attachment 286250

That is the correct way to assemble weather-pak style connectors.

Ken

/ A little help with these connectors? #6  
   / A little help with these connectors? #7  
Typically the female pins go into the short section of the connector and the long pins in the long connector.They can't be interchanged. Also the short female connector comes with a lock that once the wires are added the clip is pushed in to keep the connectors in place.

rl3.jpg

rl4.jpg

rl5.jpg

/ A little help with these connectors?
Thanks, I guess I can figure it out without sacrificing one. What boggles my mind is how they can make, sell and ship them to me for almost nothing. Sort of scary, since there's simply no way we could make them here in North America for 5/ $1. Same with the weatherproof toggle switches I ordered from China- couple of bucks, and they seem fine. Maybe the Chinese and Hong Kong post offices subsidize their shipping costs?

/ A little help with these connectors? #10  
How/where did you order them from? Was this just ebay? Curious for sources like this that could be useful at times...