cub cadet diesel puller

/ cub cadet diesel puller #1  

scottyoung

Tractor
pulling team
i am looking to put a d1105 kubota in a cub cadet 1641 does anyone know what i need to do as far a motor mounts and also want to know if the hydro would change to the rearend in a 124 cub without much trouble

/ cub cadet diesel puller #2  
As much as I like Cub Cadets and Kubotas with some of the best being with a Cadet with a Kubota engine I have several things that I question while writing this. Cadet did use the Kubota engines and I am unsure of the interchangability for them but I'd say the smaller engine with a parts tractor that had the diesel should have everything to make one work.
The larger engine should really bring one to life if it will fit under the hood!

/ cub cadet diesel puller
i know that cub put diesels in like the 782 and others but i did not know what the motor mounts were like and how the clutch fit

/ cub cadet diesel puller #4  
i know that cub put diesels in like the 782 and others but i did not know what the motor mounts were like and how the clutch fit

there is no clutch.
the engine is mounted backwards in the chassis
the 1641 are for the most part identical/interchangeable on most of the hydro tractors
but I doubt most of them will hold up to a bigger diesel than what was in the 782D's especially when in a hard pull and no tire slippage. I have broken multiple axleshafts in a 982.

Last edited:
will a d 1105 fit into a 124 cub without to much fabrication

/ cub cadet diesel puller #6  
will a d 1105 fit into a 124 cub without to much fabrication

I don't know the dimensions of the D1105 but I would have to say no, the 124 is a narrow frame model. the 782 is a styled(wide)frame and the engine it has FILLS the framerails of the 782.
so if the d1105 is bigger then it wouldn't fit without major modifications

i gave up on the 124 diesel idea found out that it has a cracked head now looking to put a v twin in for pulling the engine came out of a 1650 repowered i think that it should fit with minor modifing to the frame i have pulled the 124 this summer it did good just want more power . i still want a diesel puller so if any one knows where a good wide frame, perfer a 108 or that era rolling chassy with a gear rearend give me the location perfer that it is close

/ cub cadet diesel puller #8  
Here is a D1105 in a 582/782 frame

Attachments

• 1-09 11.jpg
    1-09 11.jpg
    753.5 KB · Views: 2,742
  • 15 web.jpg
    15 web.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 5,746
   / cub cadet diesel puller #9  
and NONE of it will fit under the 782 stock sheetmetal, and the 124 is a good 6" narrower!