Bridgeport Mill ??? Should I jump on this?

/ Bridgeport Mill ??? Should I jump on this? #21  
Buy it! Get a VFD (variable Frequency Drive) for it to convert single to three phase. A VFD will also give you speed adjustment at the turn of a dial depending on which one you buy. You can get into a 2hp VFD for under $100.

/ Bridgeport Mill ??? Should I jump on this? #22  
If you decide you don't like it let me know and I'll bring my trailer and $600 next weekend.

Here is an example of a 2hp Variable frequency drive. GS2-22P0
If you go on ebay and search for Huanyang you'll see some for around $100.

/ Bridgeport Mill ??? Should I jump on this? #23  
fwiw,
Guys again I run a new, or bought new, $30K HAAS TL-2 Tool Room Lathe off of my Phase Perfect, which is a 10 HP, as well as my Mill. If I had $250 in the mill I'd absolutely go with a buzz box...fwiw & imho.

Regards, Matt.

/ Bridgeport Mill ??? Should I jump on this? #24  
fwiw,
Guys again I run a new, or bought new, $30K HAAS TL-2 Tool Room Lathe off of my Phase Perfect, which is a 10 HP, as well as my Mill. If I had $250 in the mill I'd absolutely go with a buzz box...fwiw & imho.

Regards, Matt.
Now that makes better sense....
Just to clarify this for the O/P, a buzz box can be a welder OR a static phase convertor. Both do "buzz" when in operation.
Although I have several "needs" for a Phase Perfect, the one recommended by them isn't cheap to run my other machines. Since my "needs" are strictly homeshop and hobbyist uses, the funding for it has never made it to the top of the list. The power draw from my Maho alone is 15hp and puts me at a more expensive 20 hp convertor. I make plans to move it the top of the list and then things like dental work and a 40% cut in pay at work move it back further down the list. Gotta love this economy!!
David from jax

/ Bridgeport Mill ??? Should I jump on this? #25  
Been awhile. Hope that mill didn't get away. At $250, the gate was wide open.

/ Bridgeport Mill ??? Should I jump on this?
Here's the latest. Seller is getting a divorce, and he just wanted it gone before he moves. However, soon to be ex-wife thinks it's worth more and wants her share, so price has gone up, but still seems like a steal. Details are it is a 1975 Series 1, 2 hp, series 2J head, 9x42" bed, 16" knee travel, and apparently in good shape. I still have not seen it but here is a picture.

I really don't need it as I just don't have a good place for it, and would have to run it off a Miller Bobcat gennie (if that is possible using a phase converter) but am thinking about buying it and selling it to make a few bucks.

What would I be able to sell it for at a reasonable decent price? photo.JPG What could I get for it if I sold it for a bargain price? Of course, I will have to move it and transport it.

/ Bridgeport Mill ??? Should I jump on this? #27  
Location and condition is everything, rural areas long distances from major metro areas like where I am, Bridgeports go for a high price due to low local supply. If it is in good shape it would go for $3-4k in my neck of the woods.

/ Bridgeport Mill ??? Should I jump on this? #28  
There's one on Ebay right now in similar condition for $2250.

/ Bridgeport Mill ??? Should I jump on this?
thanks for the info. I am going over to look at it tonight. Any advice on moving it? I have rented a truck with a 3500 lb lift gate. I am hoping to roll it onto the lift using 1/2 pipes as rollers. Is there a better way, assuming I don't have a fork lift? Any preparation or disassembly required for transport?