Installing LED lights

/ Installing LED lights #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
A while ago, I wrote that I had ordered a pair of the 18W LED lights. I had thought originally about mounting them on the ROPS, but the idea of them being so close behind me, glaring, didn't seem desirable. I dug out some heavy wall rectangular steel tube, some bar stock, and played with my new little wire welder. I ordered a waterproof toggle switch and some waterproof connectors from China (cheap!) and of course, I needed some red 16 gage wire, and then some plastic wire tubing, the list goes on. I had an old 12V relay, which is probably overkill for a 3 amp load. I am very happy with the amount of light, and we'll see how well it works in falling snow, later this winter, no doubt. I used shrink tubing at the waterproof connectors, also overkill, I suppose. I also made the left light swivelable, mostly because I could? (sorry about the photo mess- I got distracted)

P1010118.JPGP1010119.JPGP1010120.JPGP1010121.JPGP1010123.JPG

Attachments

• P1010123.JPG
    P1010123.JPG
    509.8 KB · Views: 555
   / Installing LED lights #2  
Nice looking work!
Tom

/ Installing LED lights #3  
Lots of effort in that. Looks great!

/ Installing LED lights
Thanks for the encouragement. My wife lacks appreciation, and thinks the time would be better spent doing house improvements. Not fun, though.

/ Installing LED lights #6  
My response to her?

"Honey, I can't do outside improvements this time of year without the lights. Its all about being safe. If I can't see, I may run over that flower bed you worked so hard to make it as beautiful as it is....just like you"

If that doesn't work, be quieter about tractor projects and act like its home improvement. Lol

/ Installing LED lights #9  
VERY nice. I think it's a great job. Tidy plus the light placement looks to be dead on. Even painted it. Nice touch. Fit and finish can't get much better. It's a pass by a long shot. Enjoyed seeing it. Your going to be very happy with your new lights. :thumbsup:

/ Installing LED lights
Thanks for the kind words, Paul. Your seal of approval means a lot to us amatuers! Once your son's marriage is over, we hope to see some new projects from you. And, Pedalstomper, my wife has INDOOR stuff in mind. No tractors involved. Of course, when we get snowed in this winter, I will be sure to go out to plow at night!