Homemade quick attach

/ Homemade quick attach #181  
<snip>

Getting your finished product to the intended dimensions and alignment is a pretty basic fabrication skill.

<snip>

It may be basic, but as you are learning, it aint necessarily easy. I think this one ability is what distinguishes a top notch fabricator from us mere mortals. When you watch them work, they often appear to be just sticking things together and it all works. But if you could see inside their heads you'd see all the cogs and cams spinning, all the what ifs and what if nots playing out.

As an apprentice welder in a fab shop it took me a while to recognize that I had a lot more to learn than I thought would be required for the "simple" work that I was doing. There was an "old hand" who would make suggestions whenever he walked by my station. I'd ask "Why would I want to do that?" and he'd stop and talk for 10 minutes, telling me all the reasons he "would do that". I learned a lot from that guy, and the shop steward didn't seem to mind me talking with him, which was unusual.

There's some of those guys on here and they are happy to share their years of experience, which I think is best part of TBN. So stick to your guns, and if it doesn't look right to you, then cut it apart, tack it back together and reweld it until it does. You're close to having the quick attach that you want, the way you want it.

/ Homemade quick attach #182  
I had planned on doing this untill i looked up pricing on all this stuff. At the time NO WAY in **** was I spending that much on an SSQA. Thats precisely why i made this thead and built my own pin on QA. In the meantime this product came out at a very awesome price point, at least in my eyes its well worth it and would have definatly went that direction rather than building one.

The very reason I ordered my Kubota with their QA. The Titan one (without the boxing) is about the same price as what I paid as part of my deal. But now I have bucket and forks that fit this, soon to have grapple. Perhaps I should switch before I build anything else......Personally I'd prefer the $179 for the non-boxed version, but either way it's WAY cheaper than anything previously available.

Nothing wrong with ending up with a paper weight if the QA doesn't turn out the way you wanted if the learning experience was the primary goal.

/ Homemade quick attach
The very reason I ordered my Kubota with their QA. The Titan one (without the boxing) is about the same price as what I paid as part of my deal. But now I have bucket and forks that fit this, soon to have grapple. Perhaps I should switch before I build anything else......Personally I'd prefer the $179 for the non-boxed version, but either way it's WAY cheaper than anything previously available.

Nothing wrong with ending up with a paper weight if the QA doesn't turn out the way you wanted if the learning experience was the primary goal.

So you have Kubota's "Pin on quick attach" like we all are copying in this thread? If thats the case I could still take off mine and still convert over my buckets and all that if I wanted the SSQA setup. I may eventually do that depending on how the one I built works, etc etc. It works good now but in 5 years it may be worn out or broken, who the **** knows. Thats kind of the beauty of the pin on quick attach, almost everything is able to be brought back to the way it was before hand. The only thing I had to modify was my bucket curl back stops had to be removed, other than that its all right back to the way it was.

/ Homemade quick attach #184  
   / Homemade quick attach #185  
I built mine a little differently then everyone else. It doesn't push the bucket out like kubotas design but I do have to cut the ears off the bucket. Anyway I used square tubing and cut one side off so make the brackets. This keeps the welding from messing up the alignment of the bushings. Here is a link to my build.

Using the square tubing is doggone clever.

/ Homemade quick attach #186  
So you have Kubota's "Pin on quick attach" like we all are copying in this thread? If thats the case I could still take off mine and still convert over my buckets and all that if I wanted the SSQA setup. I may eventually do that depending on how the one I built works, etc etc. It works good now but in 5 years it may be worn out or broken, who the **** knows. Thats kind of the beauty of the pin on quick attach, almost everything is able to be brought back to the way it was before hand. The only thing I had to modify was my bucket curl back stops had to be removed, other than that its all right back to the way it was.

Yup, ordered it that way. I knew I wanted QA but the dealer wanted to add $800 for the SS style and only an extra $150 for one like we've been discussing. All things considered, $650 was far too much for the loader plate as the bucket should be the same price or cheaper. Now if I could come up with a way to make this pin on style into hydraulic activated, I'd be all set as that's the main reason for me to switch to the SS style.

This is exactly what mine looks like, someone else's pic from another thread: 209360d1303507970-b2320-w-la504-quick-attach-forks-001.jpg

/ Homemade quick attach #187  
Yup, ordered it that way. I knew I wanted QA but the dealer wanted to add $800 for the SS style and only an extra $150 for one like we've been discussing. All things considered, $650 was far too much for the loader plate as the bucket should be the same price or cheaper. Now if I could come up with a way to make this pin on style into hydraulic activated, I'd be all set as that's the main reason for me to switch to the SS style.

This is exactly what mine looks like, someone else's pic from another thread: View attachment 302656
You mean like this? Video may take awhile to load.

/ Homemade quick attach

This is exactly what mine looks like, someone else's pic from another thread: View attachment 302656

Gotcha. Thats why I brought up the titan SSQA adaptor. I think i priced the adaptor, and three plates to like 600$ some dollars. For me, thats feasible and not a bad price at all for the amount of time I spent on building the pin on quick attach, and the time it took me to modify a set of forks to utilize this setup. Other setups I looked at before hand were 600$ plus just for the SSQA adaptor.. I'm not putting out a plug for titan, just throwing it out there for people to know because I jsut went through this same thing, it was a lot of work keeping the pins in alignment and just doing the "basic" fabrication of it.