Homemade quick attach

/ Homemade quick attach #191  
That's awesome. I hadn't thought of doing it that way, only with lever/cam action to slide the pins.

Where did you find that?
I designed and built it and have a patent for it now. I have a working model on my B7800 and I must say I am getting really spoiled by not having to get off the seat to change from bucket to snow plow to forks, whichever the case may be. :dance1: I will be installing one also on the new to me B26 I got last fall. You still have to get off the tractor to hook up the hydraulic lines for a grapple though.

/ Homemade quick attach #192  
I designed and built it and have a patent for it now. I have a working model on my B7800 and I must say I am getting really spoiled by not having to get off the seat to change from bucket to snow plow to forks, whichever the case may be. :dance1: I will be installing one also on the new to me B26 I got last fall. You still have to get off the tractor to hook up the hydraulic lines for a grapple though.

Can you post a little more context as to how it works? From the video, I can see it going back and forth, but I can't really make out what's happening.

/ Homemade quick attach #193  
it was a lot of work keeping the pins in alignment and just doing the "basic" fabrication of it.

When I built my forks I did as much of the welding as I could leaving the lower bushings to last then tacked them in place with it mounted on the tractor. Had to grind out one of the welds on one bushing also as I took the pin out too soon and it warped. Once re-aligned I fully welded it with the pin in. But I was working on the bucket part not the QA itself so I may have been lucky that way.

/ Homemade quick attach #194  
Can you post a little more context as to how it works? From the video, I can see it going back and forth, but I can't really make out what's happening.

From what I see, there's a hyd cyl mounted vertical acting on the sliver linkage which in turn operates the gold cam via the bolt/spring to latch onto the lower pin. Brilliant, as long as it doesn't push the bucket too far forward.

/ Homemade quick attach #195  
So the bucket has four permanently-mounted pins. The tractor picks up the top pins in a U-shaped cradle and the hydraulic/cam mechanism grabs the bottom pins?

/ Homemade quick attach #196  
From what I see, there's a hyd cyl mounted vertical acting on the sliver linkage which in turn operates the gold cam via the bolt/spring to latch onto the lower pin. Brilliant, as long as it doesn't push the bucket too far forward.
3.75"-4" on average

So the bucket has four permanently-mounted pins. The tractor picks up the top pins in a U-shaped cradle and the hydraulic/cam mechanism grabs the bottom pins?
That is correct.

/ Homemade quick attach #197  
Maybe you can help set me straight. For me, the use of a pin-based QA is just a money-saving thing. The pin-based QA is cheaper than an SSQA adapter, and I don't have to modify my bucket to use it. It seems to me like the hydraulic mechanism you've got would offset a lot of the cost difference between a pin-based and an SSQA system. At which point why not just go with SSQA?

I don't mean to be rude, and I hope I'm not. I'm just trying to understand the application of your system. Is it for people who already have a lot of pin-on implements, maybe? Or was it just a cool side-project that you did and then patented? Or do you expect it to have commercial application?

/ Homemade quick attach #198  
Maybe you can help set me straight. For me, the use of a pin-based QA is just a money-saving thing. The pin-based QA is cheaper than an SSQA adapter, and I don't have to modify my bucket to use it. It seems to me like the hydraulic mechanism you've got would offset a lot of the cost difference between a pin-based and an SSQA system. At which point why not just go with SSQA?

You are not being rude but I don't think this is the place to exercise a Bully Pulpit. Out of respect for the owners of the website I would be happy to go into detail if you would PM me. Thanx!

/ Homemade quick attach #199  
3.75"-4" on average

Nothing wrong with that. My Kubota one is 3.75"

I'd consider Magicheater's QA.
For me to convert to SS style, look at it this way: I have bucket & forks = 2 attaching plates @ $125 each ($230 each on EA) = $250 plus the work of installing them. A ready to go SSQA is minimum $600 (WR Long one on EA site is $837). So if I exclude the option of the Titan plates that just came available, it would cost me in excess of $1200 to convert to SS and still not have hydraulic (he has a manual one also). So if I could pick up his for a price point in that range (I don't know what the price is yet) and not have to do anything other than hook it up, it all works out equal for me.

I certainly see a market for it.

/ Homemade quick attach #200  
I found this tip on another TBN thread, and it would have been really helpful to me during my build, so I thought I would dump it here: for aligning bushings like on a QA adapter, weld in the length of DOM tubing whole, then when welding on the part is complete, cut out the center, leaving behind the desired length of bushing. This basically guarantees that the bushings will align. Awesome.