Improvements to 3 Point Hitch

/ Improvements to 3 Point Hitch #1  

herringchoker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Here are three simple (and cheap) improvements I have made to the 3 point hitch on my Kubota B7800. I built all of these from material I had laying around. (Never throw anything out!) I got all of the ideas from fellow TBN'ers.
TPH Mods - 006.jpgTPH Mods - 005.jpgTPH Mods - 004.jpgTPH Mods - 002.jpgTPH Mods - 001.jpgTPH Mods - 003.jpg
1. Poor Man's Position Control
Since I don't have position control, I was finding it frustrating to set and re-set the cut height when using the bushcutter. A simple check chain solved that - it's been working great for 5 or 6 years now.

2. Upgraded Sidesway Turnbuckle
A simple disconnect on the right side turnbuckle saves a lot of threading and re-threading the turnbuckle when changing implements. I cut the end off the turnbuckle, welded on a 3/8" shackle and drilled out the shackle and the original turnbuckle eye pin to accept a 3/8" hitch pin. This works great, but I think doing the same thing to the left side turnbuckle will be even better. My final goal is telescopic sway bars.

3. TPH Remote Control
With the cab I built on the tractor, while changing implements it was impossible to raise and lower the TPH and watch the hitch position without climbing in and out of the cab. I'm getting way too old to be doing that, so I just installed a TPH control lever that I can operate while standing on the ground beside the tractor where I can see what is going on. Since the lever is connected to the existing linkage right at the transmission case, it can only activate the famous 1/4 inching function - no high speed movements (since they require moving the lever in the cab to bypass the 1/4" detents).

My thanks to TBN members who posted these ideas over the years.

/ Improvements to 3 Point Hitch #2  
Simple & creative!
I am considering the PMPC for brush hog, rear blade and landscape rake work.
The quick disconnect sway control should make hitching up attachments a lot faster.
That remote TPH comntrol is a great idea - I need to copy that one.

/ Improvements to 3 Point Hitch #3  
I like the turnbuckles mod! that looks like exactly what I want to do to my kubota! The 3pt remote control is a good idea for a larger tractor - but would scare me on a smaller one like mine. thanks for posting.

/ Improvements to 3 Point Hitch #4  
Wow, fantastic ideas. Thanks for posting. Come spring I will try & set up a remote 3 pt hitch remote like yours.

/ Improvements to 3 Point Hitch #5  
   / Improvements to 3 Point Hitch #6  
Thanks for posting the detailed pictures of your remote 3PH lever.

I recently traded-in and got a L3540 which is a bit taller and the main 3PH lever is located more forward than my old tractor - I didn't realize until now how much I relied upon being able to reach up and work the 3PH when hooking and unhooking attachments.

It's great to see that a solution can be made. Whether I'm skilled enough to make it will be the next quandary to solve.

/ Improvements to 3 Point Hitch #7  
Be careful when moving the lift arms remotely while standing between the tractor and implement. I have almost got caught in that area several time over the years. Ken Sweet

/ Improvements to 3 Point Hitch
Be careful when moving the lift arms remotely while standing between the tractor and implement. I have almost got caught in that area several time over the years. Ken Sweet

Yes, be very careful if you do this. I set this up so that I can operate it while standing off to the side. In my case, with the way it is connected to the TPH control linkage, it can only activate the 1/4 inching function, which is very slow. Ken, I'm glad you brought this up. Thanks!