anti freeze heater for open rops tractor

/ anti freeze heater for open rops tractor #12  
   / anti freeze heater for open rops tractor #13  
I did the same thing as BSINPA50, I got a canopy off a Yamaha golf cart from local dealer (used) for $50 made a mount and fastened to the ROPS with square U bolts. Then I got a golf cart enclosure from Golfsmith for under $100 , from the front of the canopy I used 3/4 emt tubing to the top of my loader uprights. The excess front material I trimmed and tucked under the hood and side tin. The sides I trimmed around the wheels and used stick on industrial velcroe from Lowes $15. When I installed it in October we had a couple cold days that I used it and it really cuts the wind. After the storm I used it for a couple of days and it was too hot, I had to leave the door unzipped or the windows would fog. It is a pain to get in and out but it sure beats open seat. Being elcheapo I can live with it until I get material together for a permanent build. I have used this in the woods for a month now cleaning up after Sandy with no problems. The windows are the big problem, the wrinkles make it a challenge to see real good.

/ anti freeze heater for open rops tractor #14  
Take that heater box you're building and attatch two old hair drier hoses to it.
Don a snowmobile suit and tuck those hoses into each pant leg.
You'll be unzipping all over the place to vent before you know it.
:D

/ anti freeze heater for open rops tractor #15  
Take that heater box you're building and attatch two old hair drier hoses to it.

I love it. :thumbsup:

/ anti freeze heater for open rops tractor #16  
retiredmgn said:

Where would you find old hair dryer hoses? You're definitely dating yourself there old man! Lol

/ anti freeze heater for open rops tractor #17  
I bet if you found a junkyard seat from a car with heated seats you could grab the heater pads out of it and put them on the seat of your tractor.

/ anti freeze heater for open rops tractor #18  
The alternator on my truck with heated seats puts out over 100amps, my tractor puts out 30, lights take 25....

/ anti freeze heater for open rops tractor #19  
pat32rf said:
The alternator on my truck with heated seats puts out over 100amps, my tractor puts out 30, lights take 25....

Heated seats run about 10 amps per seat about the same as the blower motor set on high. In all fairness the alternator on your truck runs a few more electrical loads than your tractor

/ anti freeze heater for open rops tractor
thanks mike i will use them if i can find some would i need one heating coil or the pair if i need a bigger amp alt i will buy one its better then freezing