Alternator upgrade for my B7800

/ Alternator upgrade for my B7800 #1  

GItractorguy

Tractor
B7800 w/ 402 & BH75
I have a 2008 B7800 that I just recently purchased. I have read on internet reviews that the B7800 has a headlight problem that they are next to useless unless you get a Alternator upgrade kit. My first question is, Is this condition for all of the year models of the B7800? If so I have heard there are several upgrade kits available. does anyone have info on where to get any of these kits....Also I have heard that putting in LED lighting in place of the old lights is a fix as well Any info on this?

/ Alternator upgrade for my B7800 #2  
The primary trouble with B7800 lights - like so many other models - is that the loader blocks the illumination. I installed LED lighting on the ROPS and have been happy as a clam.
Mike

/ Alternator upgrade for my B7800
Hey Mike thx did you mount swivel style so you could flip them for rear illumination for your bucket. I have a BH75 as well.

/ Alternator upgrade for my B7800 #4  
I mounted one facing forward, and another facing rear. Two years later, I'm happy with the light.
Cheers!

/ Alternator upgrade for my B7800 #5  
The problem is the stock alternator is not strong enough to power extra lights. Your dealer can get you a 40 amp alternator upgrade kit for about $200. I just bought one about a month ago. They had trouble finding it in the computer and told me it was discontinued. The kit for current model tractors replaced the one the computer shows for the older ones. The new kit lists the old tractors in its description but there computer dosent link them together. You might have to tell them to look up the kit for a newer tractor.
http://tractorpoint.com/ctb/pdf/b7800alternator.pdf

/ Alternator upgrade for my B7800 #6  
kuboter said:
The problem is the stock alternator is not strong enough to power extra lights. ]

Not necessarily true with most LED lights. I'd prefer to spend the money on LED lights vs high-power lights + alternator.

/ Alternator upgrade for my B7800 #7  
Not necessarily true with most LED lights. I'd prefer to spend the money on LED lights vs high-power lights + alternator.

I didn't mean that a LEDs wouldn't work just that there is a limitation with the stock alternator. It puts out 15 amps at full throttle and drops from there. I put 2 lights facing forward 2 to the rear and one on each side so I needed the alternator even for LEDs. I ended up with 50w halogens due to cost. The light output is great. My setup maybe overkill but it all comes down to what you WANT/need.