BX LED worklight upgrade

/ BX LED worklight upgrade
LED's sure do make the headlights look yellow.

Oh yeah. Its even more pronounced in person. An even greater benefit to the LED's i installed is the light spread. You can see it in the pictures. The LED's really throw the light out to the sides. I dont want to sound like a broken record, but those factory Kubota headlights dont make any more light than my 1985 craftsman lawntractor's. A "tractor" with that lighting is a bit of a joke (if you actually use it as a tractor for chores etc. after dark and not as a glorified lawnmower).

Fantastic job Jason! I really like the thought that you put into the mounts for the ROPS with the swivel & magnets. Very cool. I have a set of Ridgid Duallys on my BX and love them. Here is a vid clip of them; Put lights on my Kubota BX 2350 - YouTube

Great job yourself!

I really like those Rigids. After seeing them in person I can understand why they are getting such a great reputation.They are a solid product. Your install is real nice. I particularly like how close you have them to the ROPS.. And the strobes are wicked cool!. I have a traditional strobe Im thinking of mounting to the ROPS, but Im not sure about branches etc. plus, Im never really on public roads with the BX.

What kind of strobes are they? Did you happen to do an install thread?

/ BX LED worklight upgrade #23  
I didn't do an install thread, but here are the LED strobes that I used; 10 Watt LED Button Strobe | LED Hide-Away Strobe
I drilled out holes behind the headlight housing and inserted the strobe flush to the back. I used silicone adhesive and it worked well. I might do an install thread if there is interest.
The company (Tom Mart) was great to deal with. I bought the Piranha lights at first, but in my opinion they sucked. So I contacted TowMart. They were great and did an even exchange for something else. They handled like an RMA so was super easy.

/ BX LED worklight upgrade #24  
And the strobes are wicked cool!

Oh man, are they ever!

I'd sure be interested in seeing an install thread - would help me decide if it's something I could tackle doing myself. :thumbsup:

/ BX LED worklight upgrade #25  
Oh yeah. Its even more pronounced in person. An even greater benefit to the LED's i installed is the light spread. You can see it in the pictures. The LED's really throw the light out to the sides. I dont want to sound like a broken record, but those factory Kubota headlights dont make any more light than my 1985 craftsman lawntractor's. A "tractor" with that lighting is a bit of a joke (if you actually use it as a tractor for chores etc. after dark and not as a glorified lawnmower).

I really don't have any problems with the headlights on mine. They are as bright as a car on low beam. I am adding lights so I can see off to the sides better.

/ BX LED worklight upgrade #27  
I originally ordered an LED worklight kit from my Kubota dealer. The light output wasn't great and it was very expensive so I returned it. I just bought an LED worklight kit online from ropslights.com and it's perfect for my BX2360, it's at least twice as bright and way less money than the Kubota kit at the dealer.:thumbsup:

I originally ordered an LED worklight kit from my Kubota dealer. The light output wasn't great and it was very expensive so I returned it. I just bought an LED worklight kit online from ropslights.com and it's perfect for my BX2360, it's at least twice as bright and way less money than the Kubota kit at the dealer.:thumbsup:

Are you affiliated with ropslights? They are made close to your home. Looks like a decent product, but at close to $250 after shipping for a couple chinese LEDs it is a bit on the costly side IMHO.

/ BX LED worklight upgrade #29  
Are you affiliated with ropslights? They are made close to your home. Looks like a decent product, but at close to $250 after shipping for a couple chinese LEDs it is a bit on the costly side IMHO.

No affiliation. My local Kubota dealer actually told me about them when I returned their kit. The Kubota kit was $279 plus tax here in Canada, so the new kit I bought was a bit less expensive, the quality was better and the lights are much brighter. I was able to pick them up locally so I avoided shipping costs. :)

/ BX LED worklight upgrade #30  
Looks great.