BX LED worklight upgrade

/ BX LED worklight upgrade #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
I just (well a few days ago) installed an LED worklight that's been sitting on my shelf for about a year on my BX and thought I'd share my install. The Light is a Lucidity 22809B. Its a 6LED 1000 lumen fixture. The light it adds to the BX's feeble headlights is amazing. Ill try to get some night shots to show the difference, but suffice it to say the LED is brighter than the factory headlights, maybe 2x as bright? After my first use at night I was so impressed that I called Princess Auto to look for another one of the lights... Unfortunately it was a "special buy" and if you know PA, you know what that means, "They dont know if they're ever getting any more in" ... needless to say Im ticked. I'd buy another in a second! Incase anyone wants to check out their local PA, the SKU 8412140 , Price $49.99 4 x 4 in. Utility LED Flood Light | Princess Auto

Light Specs:
IMG_4391.jpg

Onto the install, sorry no in progress pics, but I will answer questions:

The mount is a basic T. The arm of the T is 1" angle, and the top is 1"x1/4" flatbar. On the ROPS side of the top of the T, I glued some rubber to act as a vibration isolator and to prevent the light from sliding down. Bolts are 1/4" stainless 2.5" long. Paint is Plastikote 285 Rebuilders Cast. its very close to Kubota ROPS gray paint.

IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4388.jpg

From the rear

IMG_4383.jpg

Bored the centre mounting bolt out to pass the light's wires

IMG_4387.jpg

I used rare earth magnets to hold the light to the arm. This allows me to swing the light to the rear for snowblowing etc. Notice the mounting bolt's locknut is loose to I have clearance to pick the light up to turn it

IMG_4385.jpg

IMG_4386.jpg

/ BX LED worklight upgrade #2  
Nice work, it looks good. I just bought a 3 lights kit from Bxpanded, but it won't be here until Friday. I feel like a kid waiting for my new toys.

/ BX LED worklight upgrade #3  
The mounts look good.

/ BX LED worklight upgrade #4  
Scooby... just looked it up...
their website says it's available for on-line ordering.
doesn't seem to be any way to check stock at stores though.

Pete

/ BX LED worklight upgrade
Scooby... just looked it up...
their website says it's available for on-line ordering.
doesn't seem to be any way to check stock at stores though.

Pete

Thanks for noticing that! I swear it was unavailable when I posted the link.

Just called Winnipeg. They have 20 in stock at the head warehouse. But even better news, apparently this light is coming on promotion this tuesday. For $49.99. At all stores. I think he said that Halifax has 20 in transit.

Just goes to show you that sometimes you get an idiot at the store (which is a surprise, usually PA's staff is decent). He swore up and down that they were not getting any more in.. I even had him check the computer for stock and he said there was none ANYWHERE nor would there likely be any more in the future!

Im going to put one away at $49.99 for pickup next time im near the store. If anyone else is interested in a LED workight, and theyre in Canada, I highly recommend one of these, especially at the price. It's very bright, and seems to be solidly made. The only thing Im debating is whether to buy 2 more, both for the LH side, one permanently forward and one permanently rear.

/ BX LED worklight upgrade #6  
I used rare earth magnets to hold the light to the arm. This allows me to swing the light to the rear for snowblowing etc. Notice the mounting bolt's locknut is loose to I have clearance to pick the light up to turn it

That's pretty clever! :thumbsup:

Nice work, it looks good. I just bought a 3 lights kit from Bxpanded, but it won't be here until Friday. I feel like a kid waiting for my new toys.

You'll notice a HUGE improvement. The factory lights on a BX suck. The Bxpanded kit is nice for an out of the box solution.

The mounts look good.

Thanks. Hardest part was trying to match the ROPS colour without going to the dealer:D

That's pretty clever! :thumbsup:

Thanks. Rare earth magnets, is there anything they cant do ;)

In all honesty though, if I knew then, what I know now (that the lights are going to be available again) I'd probably have just bought 2 more lights and not bothered with the fancy mount, although it works excellent.

/ BX LED worklight upgrade #9  
I just picked up 2 of these lights after seeing your posting. They were $50 @ princess auto. They only had 3 in stock @ the Whitby store. (1 now). They look to be of good quality. Nice large aluminum heatsink. Waterproof.
I have them mounted on my rops. Just have to finish wiring.

I got one myself. I have it on the LH side forward facing, permanent mount. I would have added a permanent rear facing one, but there was none left. 50 lights sold out in one day!! I did make the mount large enough and drill a whole to add a rear one when they bring these lights back in stock.