FRONT FENDERS

/ FRONT FENDERS #1  

MF 1532

Gold Member
Tractor
MASSEY FERGUSON 1532
It has been awhile since I'v been on here ... wishing everyone a Happy New Year ! I checked with the dealer this morning about front fenders for my MF 1532 ...not available . I thought I would see if anyone has been down this road before I start researching . I looked at my father in laws grain header carts , and wagons that have fenders , may be my next avenue , and custom brackets . Thanks for any input .

/ FRONT FENDERS #2  
Send a PM to member Paul "4shorts" as he has made fenders for his tractor.

Very talented/helpful and nice guy!

He helped me with brackets for a snow chute actuator

Attachments

• image-2794055840.jpg
    image-2794055840.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 605
   / FRONT FENDERS #3  
I have only seen fenders on European and a few third world countries tractors. I think that is because many of them use them on the road for transportation and pulling wagons on highways. Here in USA that is not so common so they would not even have an option for fenders for most tractors. It shouldnt be too much problem to have some custom fabricated from aluminum plate and bolted on although it might interfer with a short turn radius wheel like on my LS, the tires almost hit the frame when fully turned so a fender would be a problem to install.

/ FRONT FENDERS #4  
They might be nice to have when working in the mud.

/ FRONT FENDERS #5  
Paul's tractors come with the fenders from Kubota, but only in Canada. :( He has shared the part number LM-9297 and apparently they are somewhere around $550-$600. I was going to make my own. I have for my other tractors, but they also didn't have any oem available. I gave the part number to my local dealer and they can't get them. Has anyone here in the states ordered a set from a Canadian dealer and had them shipped in? I'm thinking about doing so, if possible. I really need them for pushing snow. Driving down a wet or slushy road for a couple of minutes totally covers my glass on the front and sides and I can't see anything afterward. Kubota had rear fender extensions for my B3030. They helped out greatly combined with the fronts I made. Can't find anything for the rears for the Grand L's, so I might try a universal rubber fender flares for trucks.
I'm open to thoughts and suggestions. (other than keep it in the garage. :laughing:)

/ FRONT FENDERS #6  
Paul's tractors come with the fenders from Kubota, but only in Canada. :( He has shared the part number LM-9297 and apparently they are somewhere around $550-$600. I was going to make my own. I have for my other tractors, but they also didn't have any oem available. I gave the part number to my local dealer and they can't get them. Has anyone here in the states ordered a set from a Canadian dealer and had them shipped in? I'm thinking about doing so, if possible. I really need them for pushing snow. Driving down a wet or slushy road for a couple of minutes totally covers my glass on the front and sides and I can't see anything afterward. Kubota had rear fender extensions for my B3030. They helped out greatly combined with the fronts I made. Can't find anything for the rears for the Grand L's, so I might try a universal rubber fender flares for trucks.
I'm open to thoughts and suggestions. (other than keep it in the garage. :laughing:)

You are very correct my friend. PM sent.

Send a PM to member Paul "4shorts" as he has made fenders for his tractor.

Very talented/helpful and nice guy!

He helped me with brackets for a snow chute actuator

Well thank you very much. That was really nice of you to say. Made my day sir :thumbsup:

It has been awhile since I'v been on here ... wishing everyone a Happy New Year ! I checked with the dealer this morning about front fenders for my MF 1532 ...not available . I thought I would see if anyone has been down this road before I start researching . I looked at my father in laws grain header carts , and wagons that have fenders , may be my next avenue , and custom brackets . Thanks for any input .

I know there was a British company that sells front fender kits for all types of tractors. That's where Kubota gets there's. Although expensive when you see all the nice quality brackets and fenders you'll understand why. That being said I haven't researched for fenders in a few years but if you dig in and look you'll find them. I do remember when I did my research at the time there was no one in North America that sold aftermarket font fender kits.

There are kits available from Canadian Kubota dealers that will fit the a grand L models from 3940 and up to the 5740. 3940 and down got a different from axel :(

/ FRONT FENDERS
After racking my brain...I own a tractor trailer parts store...I got a set of plastic quarter fenders and brackets off the shelf...the radius is correct , mounting will work , but will have to be narrowed , all for a whole lot less . ( quarter fenders are the shields you see on a rear axle of a truck , it protects debris from back of the cab .)

/ FRONT FENDERS #8  
Could probably cut the side of a plastic 55 gal drum and make a fender out of that. I've never had anything fly up into me from my front tires though so. ?

/ FRONT FENDERS
I remember seeing some of your work previously . You do nice work . You are a lot like myself , I can drive myself crazy over the smallest detail , that someone else wouldn't even notice .

/ FRONT FENDERS #10  
I remember seeing some of your work previously . You do nice work . You are a lot like myself , I can drive myself crazy over the smallest detail , that someone else wouldn't even notice .
Not sure if its me you mean but if it is thanks :thumbsup:
If its not :eek: :laughing: