deere 110 tlb brush guard added to oem grill guard

/ deere 110 tlb brush guard added to oem grill guard #1  

disney

Gold Member
Tractor
scag turf tiger 61" #2, gx95, sold f525 twice, f725 sold
I am known for over doing things from time to time, and I would rather be safe than sorry, so I made/added this. 110bga.JPG110bgb.JPG110bgc.JPG

/ deere 110 tlb brush guard added to oem grill guard #3  
I like this well done. I have seen my screen bent and now I see what I should do about it.:thumbsup:

/ deere 110 tlb brush guard added to oem grill guard
Thank you both! Mr. ugo4it, I can send you the specs and template sizing if you would like.

/ deere 110 tlb brush guard added to oem grill guard #6  
Reminds me to do mine;lost my lower grill and battery.Lucky didn't take the radiator.

/ deere 110 tlb brush guard added to oem grill guard #7  
THANKS for the info. now i know what i need to do,

:thumbsup:

/ deere 110 tlb brush guard added to oem grill guard
Thanks That would make it easier.

If I recall correctly, it was #9 expanded metal which is about 1/8 inch. I got it from a trailer shop for less than $10. They even sheared it to the 19 5/8x20 size that I needed. I cut the recess pieces, welded it up, then heated it up with torch to bend the lower piece back. Needless to say it was not on the tractor for any of this, and the grill was sanded to bare metal where the welds went.

110bgtemp.JPG

Let me know if I can be of any more help to anyone. It could be made up to about 1/4" larger (total) in all directions, but I did not want to get that close incase something was off slightly.

Last edited:
   / deere 110 tlb brush guard added to oem grill guard #9  
That's a great idea and implementation. As I purchased my 110 in October, the grille was well pushed in and torn through one or more holes. Firstly, JD has a terrible design with the socket cap screws and captured nuts. The nuts are knurled brass into the plastic. The socket cap screws are plain steel. I couldn't budge one screw and wound up prying the screw and nuts out together. I straightened the grille and painted it. It was so stretched that it was hard to replace into it's recess and align original holes. I didn't waste my time with the OEM fasteners. I purchased 1/4" plastic push fasteners in essence of automotive style fender liner retainers. It worked great. I'll add images later. If anyone needs the p/n for these fasteners, I should have the record.

I'm going to fab. and add a likewise grille as I don't want to go through this grille straightening deal again. The OEM grille is rather flimsy and can be trashed by pulling up to anything including a snow bank.

/ deere 110 tlb brush guard added to oem grill guard #10  
Before and after on grille repair with plastic push retainers. I very much like the idea of the alternate grille. I don't think I'll go for the welding. I'm leaning towards retaining to the push bar with j-bolts hooked to push bar and the nuts with washers on the far side of the mesh.

Attachments

• 110tlbgrilleafter.jpg
    110tlbgrilleafter.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 110tlbgrillebefore.jpg
    110tlbgrillebefore.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 276
Last edited: