Age old question.

/ Age old question. #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Tractors from yesterday to the present date seem to have small storeage compartments.
You would have thought by know at less one tractor company would have focus on this problem.
A box that had enough room for tools..pins..hooks..chains etc..

With all the talent here on this board maybe someone could come up w/ a universe tool box.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Age old question. #2  
The "Chalkey Box" maybe???

BobT.
A Indiana Boy

/ Age old question. #3  
Thomas, JD sells add on tool boxes. In black not green for different models (expensive) and the 4000 series has a built in storage compartment. I think it was Mchalkey who posted a picture of one behind the seat. the photo's in the archives somewhere. And Harv's got one on the fender <font color=orange>thats orange of course</font color=orange>. Lots of GOOD IDEAS out there. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I've got one rigged up using an under the seat truck toolbox, haven't had a chance to mount it yet. Just for pins and tools. Too small for a chain though./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Btw its been snowin' since 7.00 pm last night./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Age old question.
DFB,
Looks like the storm just miss us over here only got inch,but w/ the little storms add up during the week just finish plowing three inches.

Your right about the price on some of the tool boxes add-ons,/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gifand how do they come up w/ those prices. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Well w/ the coffee finish /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gifI better get my butt back out there and finish plowing the roads thru the spruces /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif,and refill the deer feeding station. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Have a pleasant afternoon also evening.

/ Age old question. #5  
Thomas,

Whats the skinney on the <font color=blue>deer feeding station</font color=blue>?

Is this out of the goodness of your heart, Dept. of fish and game subsidy, or fatting up for the table?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Age old question. #6  
Maybe just use the Chalkley cup as a toolbox. Looks good for wrenches and a short length of chain.

/ Age old question.
TWINKLE_TOES,
Have fed the deer and bears plus the turkeys also what else might show for a nibble for over 20 years now.
Its all out of the pocket during the winter months..about $180.oo per month for 6 months..and the pay back is the trust&respect&great moments from the wildlife.

So far this winter 9 deer..11 turkeys..1 fox..1 gray horn owl,and last spring mother bear w/her cub also soon to be mother moose.

There alot of pros&cons and one should be sure before feeding wildlife.

/ Age old question. #8  
Thomas,

I want to be your neighbor/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif, thats pretty cool. I know what you mean <font color=blue>There a lot of pros&cons and one should be sure before feeding wildlife.</font color=blue>. I feed black oil sunflower seeds and suet to the birds. Years ago my mother got me started and now I feed about 40# a month. Once you start you don't get to quit, the rewards are many, from a belief that all birds were LBJ (little brown jobs) I now have catalogued just about ever bird in the Northwest. The Towhee is my favorite, sometimes they almost follow me around like a dog. The Great Blue Heron get more fish from my pond then I do./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Age old question.
TWINLE_TOES,
Have you had any luck with the blue birds?
The blue birds have started a come back in this area.

I know what you mean about the dropping, /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif and thats why I feed my wildlife 60 or so yards from my home,for that why the mower can take care of the feathers and dropping. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thats for sure about the blue also the gray Herons,they do take there fair share of the fish also the otters,for my father trout pond has felt there wrath over the years. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

My favorite bird got to be the Chickdee..and whats your?

/ Age old question. #10  
Thomas,
<font color=blue>Have you had any luck with the blue birds?</font color=blue>
Nope Thomas, I live on the west side of the Cascade Mountain range and have never seen a single one. The east side of the mountains have two kinds, The Western Blue bird and the Mountain Blue Bird, neither of which in my mind is a pretty as the Eastern blue birds that are in your area.
<font color=blue>My favorite bird got to be the Chickdee..and whats your</font color=blue>
The Spotted Towhee, but the little chickadee's and nuthatches are a close second. When I fill the feeders they will watch within an arms length.
The most awsome bird I see is the Redtailed Hawk. Whenever I mow the tall grass in my bottom land they show up, fun to watch.