New Improved ROPS Chainsaw Holder

/ New Improved ROPS Chainsaw Holder #1  

yoder

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC 30
This is my latest setup for the Chainsaw.

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 1,490
  • IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 1,129
  • IMG_0771.jpg
    IMG_0771.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_0772.jpg
    IMG_0772.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 848
   / New Improved ROPS Chainsaw Holder #2  
Niffy idea,your vision block whan looking over shoulder backing up?

/ New Improved ROPS Chainsaw Holder #3  
It looks like it would be difficult for me to get to it, not being too nimble to climb around on lift arms carrying a big saw but it sure beats putting it in the FEL bucket and forgetting it is there and deciding to do a little dirt work. I did that with a chain once and found it a few minutes later when travelling the same path. Had forgot I had put it in there till I saw it in the grass.

/ New Improved ROPS Chainsaw Holder #4  
It would be too high mounted for what we do- branches would hit it- but it's a good idea. Out of the way, protected by the ROPS, and out of the bucket. Nice work.
We have an old F250 that we use most of the time for wood. The saw stays inside the truck.

/ New Improved ROPS Chainsaw Holder #5  
Nifty set up and elegantly simple. I'd destroy my chainsw there as the woods I go thru are very dense. With no winch, I have to back up to fallen trees and that's where the problems arise.

Attachments

• PICT0057.jpg
    PICT0057.jpg
    907.6 KB · Views: 581
   / New Improved ROPS Chainsaw Holder #6  
The only thing I ever carry on my tractor is a pull chain when needed. If I am needed to saw something, I put it in the RTV, saw in the plastic case, mixed gas and a quart of chain lube in the bed to go do my cutting, then get the tractor to do the moving. Rarely need the tractor and saw at the same time, but if I do, I am lucky in that my brother in law lives 100 yards from me and is usually available to help out. We have so much rolling stock that we dont need to attach anything on the tractor for use as multi-task machine.

/ New Improved ROPS Chainsaw Holder #7  
The only thing I ever carry on my tractor is a pull chain when needed. If I am needed to saw something, I put it in the RTV, saw in the plastic case, mixed gas and a quart of chain lube in the bed to go do my cutting, then get the tractor to do the moving. Rarely need the tractor and saw at the same time, but if I do, I am lucky in that my brother in law lives 100 yards from me and is usually available to help out. We have so much rolling stock that we dont need to attach anything on the tractor for use as multi-task machine.

For me, carrying a chainsaw when skidding is a necessity. These goll darn woods are so thick that any protuberance from the skidded log seems to reach out and grab something like one did at the merry-go-rounds when reaching for golden rings. (I know, I know, the youngins don't know what in tarnation I'm talking about). These grabbers must then be sawed off so you can continue your merry way and not remain stationary in the woods. Unfortunately the bucket is the safest place for me to carry a saw. I just have to remember its in there.

/ New Improved ROPS Chainsaw Holder
I have not had any trouble with brush in my area, but that is why I put it behind and lower than the ROPS top bar. As far as getting to it the lift arms at least on my tractor are not in the way. I have my skidding tongs on or my carryall with
a water tank for control burns when I carry the saw. I use to use the FEL but forgot it was up there not good. sorry for the double post I did not see the Chainsaw thread.

/ New Improved ROPS Chainsaw Holder #9  
Very nice. Can you reach up that high or do you have to hold it by the bar to hang it? Can you post a head-on picture of the top hook if it isn't too much trouble. Thanks.

/ New Improved ROPS Chainsaw Holder
Very nice. Can you reach up that high or do you have to hold it by the bar to hang it? Can you post a head-on picture of the top hook if it isn't too much trouble. Thanks.

I hold the wrap around handle to hang it. but the TC 30 is a bit shorter than a full size tractor. I mounted the hook to

the bracket I bolted around the ROPS for my lights. No holes were drilled in the ROPS

Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_0524 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0524 (800x600).jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 423