Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130 HST

Default Re: So Wifey says to me,

I may be asking for trouble here, but I almost wish we'd get some snow! While up north is getting pounded with wind and snow, we're having a nice sunny day, windy as all get out, but sunny. We haven't had but dustings of snow so far... a broom is all I've needed for snow removal. Tractor is just sitting in the barn, on its trickle charger, getting dusty.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Gravely 8199G

Quote Originally Posted by varmint View Post
    I may be asking for trouble here, but I almost wish we'd get some snow! While up north is getting pounded with wind and snow, we're having a nice sunny day, windy as all get out, but sunny. We haven't had but dustings of snow so far... a broom is all I've needed for snow removal. Tractor is just sitting in the barn, on its trickle charger, getting dusty.
    Well Varmint, just pull your catamaran to the Bay and have some fun. Bet you could get over 20mph on air...
    Wind is power, and those sailboats with hardy captains are a gas to watch in snorty weather. I prefer to sit in warmth and dryness...

now you know that tractor needs its exercise. It's Saturday, go pull out a stump...
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long grapple, 1986 Case IH 255, Land Pride PD10 PHD, LP RCR60 & RCF2084 mowers, LP 4' box blade and rear rake, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mowers, Swisher 44 rough cut mower,, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2014 JD X750 diesel garden tractor, 1968 Cub Cadet 125 under renovation, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter, DR tow behind string trimmer

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130 HST

I did get outside for a nice walk today, and it was WINDY- and I'll pass on sailing, or motor boating, on a day like today. I don't think I've ever been colder than winter skiffing on the Bay. Must be the humidity, but it chills you thru and thru. No stumps- we only have 1.3 acres, and it's pretty well groomed.

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Quote Originally Posted by varmint View Post
    I did get outside for a nice walk today, and it was WINDY- and I'll pass on sailing, or motor boating, on a day like today. I don't think I've ever been colder than winter skiffing on the Bay. Must be the humidity, but it chills you thru and thru. No stumps- we only have 1.3 acres, and it's pretty well groomed.
    We have wind like that around here as well. We call it a lazy wind because it rather go through you than around you
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    A couple

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    Wind is power, and those sailboats with hardy captains are a gas to watch in snorty weather. I prefer to sit in warmth and dryness...
    My idea of roughing it is Motel 6, and I don't like roughing it.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Elite Member
    Tractor

I don't know why I had this little epiphany over my coffee this morning, but 4Shorts, when you are ready to rename your larger kubota,
    another post made me think of "Home Office" for your tractor. It's well known, but sure fits your biz.

This is a common name for boats where the owner is trying to justify getting out of the real office.
    Other names I think we could all relate to:

Tuition Free
    My Time
    At Last
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long grapple, 1986 Case IH 255, Land Pride PD10 PHD, LP RCR60 & RCF2084 mowers, LP 4' box blade and rear rake, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mowers, Swisher 44 rough cut mower,, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2014 JD X750 diesel garden tractor, 1968 Cub Cadet 125 under renovation, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter, DR tow behind string trimmer

Tractor

I don't know why I had this little epiphany over my coffee this morning, but 4Shorts, when you are ready to rename your larger kubota,
    another post made me think of "Home Office" for your tractor. It's well known, but sure fits your biz.

This is a common name for boats where the owner is trying to justify getting out of the real office.
    Other names I think we could all relate to:

Tuition Free
    My Time
    At Last
    Ha. You got some good names there. They say its bad luck to rename a ship. Would it also be that way for tractors?

I'm seriously considering quitting snow clearing after this winter so a name change may not be necessary.

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    A couple

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    I'm seriously considering quitting snow clearing after this winter so a name change may not be necessary.
    DAM! Now I know you've received too much snow!
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Elite Member
    Tractor

now if you stop "playing" in the snow and get into the dirt, those
    gorgeous Kubotas of yours are going to get dirty, for once...

Of course when you bought that little backhoe, I didn't figure you were going to use it for ice fishing...

I think with those new shirts you could do full time promo for kubota. After they give you that M135X....hold firm Paul.

Tractor

now if you stop "playing" in the snow and get into the dirt, those
    gorgeous Kubotas of yours are going to get dirty, for once...

Of course when you bought that little backhoe, I didn't figure you were going to use it for ice fishing...

I think with those new shirts you could do full time promo for kubota. After they give you that M135X....hold firm Paul.

OMG. You said DIRT!

Heck I'm washing the dirt before the new tractor gets to play in it

I wish you worked for corporate Kubota especially if you were going to give me a new M135X hopefully Kubota will see this and give them an idea

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345