Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: Cab Heating Options

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylegger View Post
    Another option could be something like the Coleman Golfcat 3000 btu heater found here:

Amazon.com: Coleman GolfCat Perfectemp Catalytic Propane Heater: Sports & Outdoors

You'd likely have to fashion an appropriately size cupholder (pvc pipe would work) and affix it to the cab frame but by all accounts they work quite well.
    That's a nifty little unit, and it can be adjusted easily to any direction for clearing the windows.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    JD 1026R

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylegger View Post
    Another option could be something like the Coleman Golfcat 3000 btu heater found here:

Amazon.com: Coleman GolfCat Perfectemp Catalytic Propane Heater: Sports & Outdoors

You'd likely have to fashion an appropriately size cupholder (pvc pipe would work) and affix it to the cab frame but by all accounts they work quite well.
    Before I put the cooling system heater in cab I used the Coleman Golfcat 3000 btu heater . Lot better than having nothing in cab . Made a hanging bracket and used it today in the wifes gator. Outside temp was high teens , but with heater and enclosed cab went for a 2 mile ride .
    Have fun and be safe !!!

JD1026R H120 fel w/54"bucket; 60" mmm ; 260 BH/w 12" bucket; ballast box; rear weights; front quick hitch w/angling kit and 54 " blade ;3pt rear 60" blade ; JD 47" frt snowblower ; Original Tractor Cab;Bush Hog 47" tiller and 15" Middle Buster

Tractor
    Kubota BX1800

I have a hard Curtis cab on my Bx with the standard coolant heater. To beef up the inside heat I added some foam sheet insulation to cover outside air leaks and added a RoadPro ceramic heater (300W). Cab is now very comfortable at all winter temperatures.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MT180D

I plumbed engine coolant using hosing and copper piping to a core that is mounted near cab ceiling above the loader valves thus blowing hot air downwards towards the feet.
    The heater core (carter 6 x 6) was salvaged from under rear seats of an old scrapped school bus. Since it was 6 volts at origin I used a 12v computer muffin fan to propel the hot air, the muffin fan being very compact and drawing a mere 1 amp.
    Has worked like a charm for about 8 years now.
    Being high and out of the way it also keeps the windshield frost free. Moving hot air will do that.
    For my rear window another but 3" computer fan mounted on a magnet allows me to position for best effect and naturally it 'grabs' hot air and clears the back window which when blowing snow at -20 or so is a necessity.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere, several

12V electric heat is a daft idea.
    Plumb the hot water heater supply line from just under the thermostat. Return the water to the water pump inlet.
    We see questions here from people plumbing the heater lines from the side of the block and head like a tank water heater. Then they are baffled why the heater doesn't work.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

you can get a regular radiator or hyd oil cooler. and connect into the coolant lines running to/from the radiator on the tractor.

BUT, you need to make sure you put in some way to "purge" air from the extra lines that run into cab. ALSO highly advised placing these purge air valves outside the cab, so ya not smelling antifreeze inside the cab.

you can just get some sort of 12V fan, that plugs into cigarette lighter and place behind the radiator/hyd oil cooler that ya turned into a heater. have seen many folks use a computer case fans, Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More! tends to have a fairly large selection of computer case fans. most of the fans come with min of 2 wires, some times 3 wires, find a computer case fan that has 2 wires to make electrical easier.

folks have hit salvage yards to get various radiators, hyd oil coolers, and/or heater cores. some have poped the dash off of a vehicle, and just took the heater core from a vehicle.

==============
    would forget idea of insulation, and just go for fan blowing heat. and then make sure you can plug up all the "air gaps" were air can move in and out of the cab. removing them air gaps can be a big plus, in keeping heat in the cab. just be carefull of not breathing hyd oil, and like and keep oil cleaned up so ya not breathing it.
    Ryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12