Backhow for Kubota L3400 '05 experience or comments

/ Backhow for Kubota L3400 '05 experience or comments #1  

abidehandy

Tractor
L3400
I am considering getting a backhow for my L3400. Does anyone have any track record with the BH 77 which is supposed to have replaced by the BH 75.

Also comments/experience on having dealer install vs. doing it myself. I am mechanically inclined, not an expert with tractors, but I can figure things out. Not as effective as someone who does this for a living.

What about the Woods BH80X? the dealer suggests I should stay with the BH77?

Harry :confused:

/ Backhow for Kubota L3400 '05 experience or comments #2  
Have you checked into a Bradco? I did a ton of research back in 2002 when I got my 3710.
The Bradco specs where superior to all others (at least back then).

/ Backhow for Kubota L3400 '05 experience or comments #3  
Have you checked into a Bradco? I did a ton of research back in 2002 when I got my 3710.
The Bradco specs where superior to all others (at least back then). I had Woodbury Tractor in Conn. do mine. Bob took delivery of my tractor from Carver equipment in NC, installed the bh at his shop and delivered to me in NH the following Sunday. He made everything so easy and I can not say enough about his company.
In short I would recommend having a professional install the back hoe. I have not had any problems with mine.

/ Backhow for Kubota L3400 '05 experience or comments #4  
There is probably nothing about the installation of a backhoe that someone with reasonable mechanical skill technically can't do. But - big but - are you and your shop set up to be moving and assembling heavy stuff to precise tolerances? Including a subframe that goes under your tractor. Particularly if it's the first and only backhoe installation you'll ever do. That backhoe will probably weigh over 1,000 lbs but it comes in pieces and you have to assemble it. If you are up for that, it should be a cool project.

/ Backhow for Kubota L3400 '05 experience or comments #5  
i would check on woods backhoe theres a b21 with one on it its an 05 06 model the thing never gets greased an still works a landscaper owns it

/ Backhow for Kubota L3400 '05 experience or comments
I appreciate your insight and perspective, I failed to consider the weight, but I am also pretty creative in dealing with items that are heavier that one person can lift. I do have a couple of sons's in law, that if asked would probably assist me if the weight gets too much for one person to handle without the proper tools.
The other question I need to ask myself is: how much is my time worth? I probably can do a lot of things, but the time it would take me to get the task completed my be worth of greater consideration.
Thank you for your insight and willingness to share. I will consider your perspective and advice before I go ahead with the project.