Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach.

/ Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach.
I havnt noticed any real decrease in capacity.
This made me think.
So far the heaviest thing I tried to lift was a tree stump with root ball. The rear of the BX2200 came off the ground and leaned to one side as the front axle pivoted. Yeah what a feeling! But I did not have the box blade on the back that i normally use for weight.

So far I am liking the tach-n-go system.

Last edited:
   / Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach. #22  
I just bought a 3520R Branson, and had the FEL upgraded to a westendorf 170. The specs on the westendorf brochure stated it is compatible for tractors 20-80 Hp.
I upgraded the FEL because the OEM loader would not raise high enough to load my 8ft dump truck. One of the reasons for buying the tractor. I have heard about filling the back tires with water to prevent tipping. I'll have a boxblade attached to the back.How much counter wieght should I use?

Unless somebody has that loader on that tractor all we can do is guess. Because the upgrade loader lifts higher it must have the load further ahead of the front wheels. That requires more weight on the back

You can figure it out. If you have a drive on scale you can use try this. Park the tractor with the loader just off the ground and the rear wheels only on the scale and get a reading. Then add a know amount of weight, say 100 lbs, in the loader bucket and weight the back wheels again.

Subtract the second weight from the first. This number will tell you how much lighter the rear of the tractor gets for each 100 lbs of weight in the loader bucket. Knowing that and your loader capacity you can figure out what you need.

/ Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach. #24  
This made me think.
So far the heaviest thing I tried to lift was a tree stump with root ball. The rear of the BX2200 came off the ground and leaned to one side as the front axle pivoted. Yeah what a feeling! But I did not have the box blade on the back that i normally use for weight.

So far I am liking the tach-n-go system.

Well heres the one caveat with that: If you're constantly using the lift capacity of your tractor, you likely need a larger tractor to suit your needs.

I've tried lifting certain things and plowing snow, I havnt noticed much difference, nothing noteable by the seat of the pants. However, I built my own quick attach and my pins are a mere 3-4 inches out further (maybe) away from the originals. Surely every aspect of the loader got weaker but again, nothing for me to worry about because I rarely use the full lift capacity of the tractor. Sure I pop the pressure relief when lifting but if i do, its too much for the tractor, pretty simple.

/ Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach. #25  
Well heres the one caveat with that: If you're constantly using the lift capacity of your tractor, you likely need a larger tractor to suit your needs.

I've tried lifting certain things and plowing snow, I havnt noticed much difference, nothing noteable by the seat of the pants. However, I built my own quick attach and my pins are a mere 3-4 inches out further (maybe) away from the originals. Surely every aspect of the loader got weaker but again, nothing for me to worry about because I rarely use the full lift capacity of the tractor. Sure I pop the pressure relief when lifting but if i do, its too much for the tractor, pretty simple.

I have a BX and thought the same, so I bought a tractor that has 3x the lift capacity and still run with it maxed out. I equate it to a barn - no matter how big it is I will always find a way to fill it to the point I "need" a bigger one. At some point, I will probably get a bigger tractor to do more, but I don't think it will be big enough either.

/ Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach. #26  
i been there had an l3800 traded up to a 70hp still a little small on the fel

/ Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach. #27  
A little late. I have seen front wheels centers broken out (had tight lug nuts). I have also saw spindles and front axle saddles broken. These have always been on tractors with loaders.

/ Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach. #28  
Jerry -

Agreed, broken spindles are not that uncommon and while they can be caused by metal fatigue, they are often caused by shock load. While a few might call this a design defect, most would cause it abuse of the machine by heavily overloading the loader, or in the case of one Case tractor I saw that had *massive* spindles, etc., the guy drove it over a concrete drainage ditch at full speed. There was no defect in the metal of that tractor, and it was heavily over-engineered. It was a DO error (dumb operator).

/ Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach. #29  
Several damaged parts such as these can be broken by metal fatigue or by shock load. A shock load can even be the last straw that finished them off. There are many problems caused by DO syndrome.

Another or different tractor in not in the picture any time soon if ever. I know the BX will never lift the stack of sheet rock out in the garage. That is asking it to do something it was never designed for. A tractor big enough to do that would too big for most everything else so the BX still looks good.

Does anyone know what a BX esp a BX2200 loader bucket weighs. The myTractorTools.com fixed forks are said to be about 170 lbs and the tach-n-go are at 50 lbs.

The only info I have found on the LA211 lift capacity is 450 lbs at full height.