Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach.

/ Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach.
Thanks 600 rider. It looks like I will be getting the Tach-n-go in the next month or two.

/ Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach. #42  
Awesome its really nice having a quick attach in the FEL

Update: Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach.

I have not yet purchased the tach-n-go setup. Jerry has a new version in the works and I want to see what that looks like.

The other thing is that I realized their forks are not adjustable. I did not know how that would effect me.

So I made up a pair of crude DIY forks that rest inside the bucket and clamp to the top lip. They are all 2x4 wood held together with polyurethane glue with captive woodworking pipe clamps to hold it on.

First I used them to move a 250 gallon lift (liquid container) with a pallet like base. Given that that worked I got a bit braver and went from broke.

I had a stack of old 6' or 7' redwood fence boards 4 feet wide by 2 feet tall. I made a 8'x4' pallet to hold them and started stacking them with the pallet on the forks. The BX2200 started lifting off the ground in the back to I installed the box blade. Shortly after that the loader maxed out. It looks like Kubota did a good job of matching the loader lift to the tractor weight. With the big low pressure tires it gets to be on the wobbly side if one raises the loader much past the hood. I would not want to boost the lift without adding wheel spacers. Frankly at that point on I expect one is overloading the tractor and it is a bad idea.

I needed to move these boards across the street. There is no curb for my other lot so I backed the loaded tractor up the curb in 4WD. It was a strain. I set the pellet down and added the remaining boards.

With the bucket mounted forks the load is way out past the bucket. I know I don't like that setup. With my less then optimal setup the tractor could lift just over 1/2 the boards & pallet.

I really like Jerry's fork design and think I will be getting it in spite of the fixed width. They seem to be the best suited to the tractor, I just have to make sure the rest of the world fits them :)

/ Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach. #44  
Re: Update: Calculated lost loader lift capacity with quick attach.

I have not yet purchased the tach-n-go setup. Jerry has a new version in the works and I want to see what that looks like.

The other thing is that I realized their forks are not adjustable. I did not know how that would effect me.

I really like Jerry's fork design and think I will be getting it in spite of the fixed width. They seem to be the best suited to the tractor

3v0, Ive purchased one of Tach N Go (Jery) QA a year or so ago. Can you explain in what way it has been revised? Knowing Jery Im sure he has found in some way to improve the design. The man never stops thinking or tinkering.
And as far as the forks I dont think you will find a better stronger more versitile design than his. I mean for a fork unit that works front and rear along with 900# loaded tests. You cant go wrong. When I made my purchase I really thought long and hard about these forks but in the end I eneded up with something given to me from a friend that I have make work. Free is good if you can make it work.LOL

Chris

Jerry has not said much about it. Just this from his site.

THIS IS A NEW GRAPPLE WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON, FOR LIFTING ONLY SEEN WITH OUR PROTOTYPE "AUTOMATIC" TACH-N-GO
TG-OPEN.gif
TG-CLOSED.gif