Educate me on beefing up the FEL bucket to add hooks

/ Educate me on beefing up the FEL bucket to add hooks #61  
Bad idea to use the 2.5x2.5. It will just add a lot of weight you don't need.

How do you figure???

Depending on which wall thickness you use, the difference can be as little as 4.2 lbs (.125 wall Square @ 3.91 lbs/ft, .188 wall angle @ 3.07 lbs/ft), the lightest my supplier offers and more than heavy duty enough. Can any of us notice 5 lbs (or even 10) difference on the weight of a bucket? I certainly can't.

/ Educate me on beefing up the FEL bucket to add hooks #62  
I thought of the2.5x2.5 angle when I first started reading this thread. I was going to slide it under the lip but I thougth im still going to have to try and weld that 5/16 hook to the thin bucket metal. So I used 3x3 1/4 stamped angles i had them laying around. I finished welding the first hook onto the bracket tonight Ill try and get another one tom. Then hopefully this weeknd weld everything to the bucket primer and paint. Ill try and post pics of the progress. good luck fellow bucket hook projectors.

brings about another question where can i find good USA 5/16 chain for a deal?

/ Educate me on beefing up the FEL bucket to add hooks #63  
brings about another question where can i find good USA 5/16 chain for a deal?

I have heard that Lowe's has 20' pieces w/hooks that is made in the USA, buy one-cut it in half and add two additional hooks. Having two 10' pieces is very handy.

/ Educate me on beefing up the FEL bucket to add hooks #64  
I have heard that Lowe's has 20' pieces w/hooks that is made in the USA, buy one-cut it in half and add two additional hooks. Having two 10' pieces is very handy.

Thanks I will check there. good idea about cutting in half and adding hooks.

/ Educate me on beefing up the FEL bucket to add hooks #65  
How do you figure???

Depending on which wall thickness you use, the difference can be as little as 4.2 lbs (.125 wall Square @ 3.91 lbs/ft, .188 wall angle @ 3.07 lbs/ft), the lightest my supplier offers and more than heavy duty enough. Can any of us notice 5 lbs (or even 10) difference on the weight of a bucket? I certainly can't.

I thought it was solid stock. My mistake.

/ Educate me on beefing up the FEL bucket to add hooks #66  
I was wondering what is the model number of the quick attach on your tractor?

/ Educate me on beefing up the FEL bucket to add hooks
I've got the LA504 loader, not sure what the model number is for the Kubota quick attach. I ordered from the dealer that way.

/ Educate me on beefing up the FEL bucket to add hooks #68  
Just checked mine, Model B1658 says the sticker