Beacon on roof?

/ Beacon on roof? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Kubota doesnt seem to offer a roof mount beacon option for M series tractors.
Suction cup doesnt give me confidence.
I thought about gluing a piece of galvanized metal to the roof and buying a magnetic base beacon.
Anyone else know of a mounting system or better way?
I assume coiled cord just gets plugged into cig lighter socket, but would like to have factory kubota lighted rocker switch in one of the blank spaces.

/ Beacon on roof? #2  
for my kioti i made a simple angle iron bracket that fit on the bolts that hold the cab roof on. then i added a standard 3 wire trailer disconnect plug and ran it down to an aftermarket lighted set of rocker switches. The Whelen flashing light i bought required 2 switches.

A similar thing should work for any type of cabbed tractor. i too shied away from suction cup. I made line so it can be easily removed from bracket for the summer. parts 1.jpglight and bracket.jpgbracket finish 1.jpgmounted 1.jpgrunning 1.jpgswitches 1.jpg

Last edited:
   / Beacon on roof? #3  
I used a piece of galvanized fastened to the roof with silicone calk on our BX2660. Works well to hold a magnetic beacon on the roof (as long as you dont drive under a branch).

Aaron Z

/ Beacon on roof? #4  
yek.. rtv caulk makes a good bond that CAN be removed without damage to the panel....

/ Beacon on roof? #5  
I've fabricated a coupe of roof bars for my top light. I guess its not considered a beacon but one could be attached the same way. One I built for the Kubota 4240 and another for the Kubota 5740. It is bolted to the existing bolts on the cab ans my wiring is ran down inside the cab. Works well for me.

rl8.jpg

rl6.jpg

/ Beacon on roof?
Where are you getting your lighted rocker witches from on line?

/ Beacon on roof? #7  
beacon.. I thought it said bacon this morning and got hungry.. :)

/ Beacon on roof? #8  
yek.. rtv caulk makes a good bond that CAN be removed without damage to the panel....

Polyurethane caulk (Flextra is one brand) or the auto parts windshield caulk also is great stuff.
You just can not believe what I have glued with that stuff!

/ Beacon on roof? #9  
now.. the urethane Windshield stuff is a bit extreme :) you may remove paint and fiberglass trying to get that stuff off. :)