CONVERTING TRACTOR SEAT TO SWIVEL TYPE

/ CONVERTING TRACTOR SEAT TO SWIVEL TYPE #1  

npalen

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B9200 HSTD and Mahindra 3015
Needing to convert the seat on my B9200 to a swivel type to make it a little easier when running 3PT attachments. It looks like there is room to let the seat swivel at least 30 degrees either way. Wondering if anyone has modified their seat to swivel and could use some ideas from anyone on a good way to approach the project. I have no idea what the underside of a manufactured swivel tractor seat looks like. The attached photo shows the seat tipped forward and the structure under the seat including the fore/aft slide. The two hard rubber spring pads look like they would work okay as supports when swiveling the seat. Thanks in advance for any help.
kubota_swivel_seat (2).jpg

/ CONVERTING TRACTOR SEAT TO SWIVEL TYPE
Exactly!

Seat Swivel
Found this site also. Didn't know these swivels were out there. Should make it fairly easy to retrofit.
Thanks

/ CONVERTING TRACTOR SEAT TO SWIVEL TYPE #6  
There might be a safety issue. When applying brakes or engaging the clutch the seat will rotate. It doesn't sound like a big deal until you realize pushing on the clutch or brake or Hydrostatic and having another six or eight inches of travel while the seat rotates is actually quite a balancing act. I'm thinking the steering wheel and/or the opposing leg will get a workout applying opposite force to counter the reaction.
If it is a locking seat that might help but still a safety issue in my opinion.

/ CONVERTING TRACTOR SEAT TO SWIVEL TYPE #7  
Probably a lot more expensive, but my Kubota has a swivel seat for the backhoe. It's a B3200 so I don't know if the mechanism would fit your tractor. But, it locks in place and only swivels when you want it to.

IMG_5235_zps1eb97c99.jpg

IMG_5250_zps909980ac.jpg

/ CONVERTING TRACTOR SEAT TO SWIVEL TYPE #8  
Your B3200 is Wayyyy too clean. Especially with the Backhoe. Mine is filthy. Of course I use mine everyday feeding hay and the road repair once in a while.

Thanks for the pix and info, guys.

/ CONVERTING TRACTOR SEAT TO SWIVEL TYPE #10  
Your B3200 is Wayyyy too clean. Especially with the Backhoe. Mine is filthy. Of course I use mine everyday feeding hay and the road repair once in a while.

:D Just got mine in November. I took the backhoe off and put on a ballast box for the snow. The only thing I've been able to use it for so far is moving the 24+ inches of snow we got two weeks ago. The bad news is the snow was deep...the good news is I got 7 hours of seat time. The tractor didn't get dirty because around here we don't have dusty snow! :laughing: