How do you store you logging/tow chain?

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #101  
Big plastic cat litter container. Dump the chain in, spray with WD40, and leave it until I need it again.

In error, I left a chain out and it got all rusty and that bothered me. I put it in a 5 gallon bucket, sprayed it with a 30%-70% mix of clean oil and diesel fuel, let it sit for a few days and it now looks as good as ever, is rust free and makes me feel better.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #102  
You can line your Tube holes in your loader with cpvc and make caps for ends. then put you chain in there.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #103  
Well I certainly found some good ideas in this thread and thought I would take advantage of one. I used 4" PVC pipe and put the cap on the bottom with 2 small screws. I figured it would be just a matter of time before I would drop something in there that I couldn't reach or it would fill up with dirt and debris that I would want to empty it out so I didn't want to glue the cap to the bottom. I have 3 chains stored in it, that should be enough for most cases, if not it will be a trip to the barn.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #104  
Well I certainly found some good ideas in this thread and thought I would take advantage of one. I used 4" PVC pipe and put the cap on the bottom with 2 small screws. I figured it would be just a matter of time before I would drop something in there that I couldn't reach or it would fill up with dirt and debris that I would want to empty it out so I didn't want to glue the cap to the bottom. I have 3 chains stored in it, that should be enough for most cases, if not it will be a trip to the barn.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #105  
In error, I left a chain out and it got all rusty and that bothered me. I put it in a 5 gallon bucket, sprayed it with a 30%-70% mix of clean oil and diesel fuel, let it sit for a few days and it now looks as good as ever, is rust free and makes me feel better.

You can also just hook you chain behind something and drag it around for a few mins and all the rust will be gone . A dirt drive works the best and only takes a few mins .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #106  

Looks good. How did you secure the pipe to the loader frame?

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #107  
Velcro dots! :D <jk>

I liked the orange chain so much I went searching at Lowes on-line. Item 348436 ($32.98) has the hooks:
Shop Blue Hawk 12-ft Welded Orange Chain at Lowes.com
lowes_1.jpg

and item 348268 ($3.34 / foot) is just the chain (looks to be a different orange)
Shop Campbell Commercial 1-ft 5/16 Welded Hi-Visibility Orange Steel Chain (By-The-Foot) at Lowes.com
lowes_2.jpg

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #108  
Hang the spare "tow" chain off the safety screen and the chokers off the winch.
IMG_3221.JPG

Last edited:
   / How do you store you logging/tow chain? #109  

There was a bolt hole at the top and I drilled another at the bottom, had enough clearance that the loader does not hit nuts on backside. 1" bolts and nylocks worked great.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #110  

There was a bolt hole at the top and I drilled another at the bottom, had enough clearance that the loader does not hit nuts on backside. 1" bolts and nylocks worked great.