How do you store you logging/tow chain?

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #261  
Very professionally done.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #262  
Very professionally done!

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #263  
Well today I built my chain holder. Two 4" square tubes 18" long welded together. I think they were 14ga. I welded a cap across the bottom and drilled 5 holes in each side for drainage. I am pleased with it. The front tube has a 20' 5/16" chain and is full and the back tube has two 5/16" chains about 8-10' long and is also full. I mounted them on to the side of my loader with six small welds.
What I wanna know is why is your John Deere painted orange ? :D

(Nice job BTW)

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #264  
Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment, it's another one of my add-ons, I use that hitch all the time, it has a spring loaded pin to lock in straight back or in a folded position to temporarily keep it out of the way so I wont bang my knee in it. When I'm not using the hitch, I pull the pin in the receiver and store it on the loader mount. I looked all over the net for a fold away trailer hitch and couldn't find any.

Fold Away Bolt-On Trailer Coupler Hinge Kit - Google Search

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #265  

Thanks for the input, (Fulton - Fold-Away Bolt-On Hinge Kits) That is what I found a few years ago, primarily made for boat trailers. I don't think those would work for me, my folding trailer hitch swings to both sides for easier hook-ups, has a spring loaded self locking pin so if the trailer is hooked on at a 45 degree angel, when tractor moves forward, the hitch swings to a straight position and locks, then on real heavy loads, I put in a second case hard 1/2" bolt to hold the hitch straight, also the hitch can swing back at 90 degrees and locks when not in use, also I can reach around back and pull a pin to remove the hitch and mount it on my loader mount till I need it again. I'll have to get some better pics of it.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #266  
On floor brd on tranny hump of my L4310, on front ballist weights of the L245

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #267  
My criteria for good chain storage are:

1] Low on tractor - ~ CG or below
2] Midpoint to rearward because of loader
3] No width added at any point
4] Not in space closely affected by front wheel&axle articulation
5] No change in ground clearance or addition of anything of a soft nature to the undercarriage
6] Convenient access and stowage.

,,,The best and simplest place Iv found so far is knotted and hooked into/onto the floor platform on the 7520. With work, another good/better one would be a container fastened to the top of the righthand step. Another one, more work, would be a rugged graft onto the lower rail of the backhoe subframe.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #268  
My criteria for good chain storage are:

1] Low on tractor - ~ CG or below
2] Midpoint to rearward because of loader
3] No width added at any point
4] Not in space closely affected by front wheel&axle articulation
5] No change in ground clearance or addition of anything of a soft nature to the undercarriage
6] Convenient access and stowage.

,,,The best and simplest place Iv found so far is knotted and hooked into/onto the floor platform on the 7520. With work, another good/better one would be a container fastened to the top of the righthand step restricted to the inner part of its profile. Another one, more work, would be a rugged graft onto the lower rail of the backhoe subframe.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #269  
You can always hit them a lick with an orange rattle can once in a while.:)

I don't have an orange tractor, but I have been buying more stuff with bright colors. New hunting knife last year was orange. Utility knives lime green.

Blasting the hooks with orange would be nice. But I don't see it lasting to long.

Great thread, lots of great ideas. Some simple ones I haven't thought of before. How to carry tools has been on my mind. I am in the woods a lot, and I don't see a carry all or ballast box, being the way to go. End up smashed pretty quick. Though for working on projects it would be good

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #270  
I painted my chains orange makes a big difference in finding them after I lay them down. When paint wears off just hit them again.