Sorry- and Duh-oh?

Slaps forehead!?!

And I forgot to say

Thanks!
Thomas

If it is any consolation, I didn't know what it was either!:eek:

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #54  
   / How do you store you logging/tow chain? #56  
For safety purposes NEVER carry log chains/ropes/etc on your tractors or machines!--If one end falls down and gets near moving blades/tiller tines/etc., you got big problems!
My chains stay in a locked shed until I need them!---I value my equipment and my life too much to chance a chain drop!---I know most everybody tosses them on the tractor and its whatever blows your skirt up,---but I tend to be more careful around equipment! thanks; sonny 580

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #57  
That's a valid reminder to be careful where one stores chains, Sonny580. One should not carelessly throw them on the tractor.

But several of the posts in this thread give safe, secure chain storage solutions. I imagine chains are one of my most-used tools, and the use is often not planned. So I always keep two in the storage containers on my tractor. They are never just thrown on the deck.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #58  
For safety purposes NEVER carry log chains/ropes/etc on your tractors or machines!--If one end falls down and gets near moving blades/tiller tines/etc., you got big problems!
My chains stay in a locked shed until I need them!---I value my equipment and my life too much to chance a chain drop!---I know most everybody tosses them on the tractor and its whatever blows your skirt up,---but I tend to be more careful around equipment! thanks; sonny 580

So what do you do when you need a chain? Walk back to the shed, grab a chain, walk it to the tractor, use it, then walk it back? Sounds like a lot of walking to me. :shocked:

Jeff

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #59  

Safety police, safety police!!!! Lol

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #60  
Well since my chains are stowed in my ballast barrel, which won't be on the 3pt when I have the rotary cutter on the 3pt, I think I am pretty safe. I agree if one got wrapped around the rotary cutter, while in operation... it would probably be a "sporting" proposition.:shocked:

James K0UA