How do you store you logging/tow chain?

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #71  
Wow 7 pages of posts on how to store chains. Talk about NOT wanting to recreate the wheel here and use a few of these myself.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #72  
Wow 7 pages of posts on how to store chains. Talk about NOT wanting to recreate the wheel here and use a few of these myself.

And the best thing is no politics and only a slight visit by the safety police.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #73  
In the corner of my barn.LOL

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #74  
In a bucket 3/4 filled with old oil in the barn. I hook the hooks on the edges of the bucket.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #75  
I use an inexpensive plastic tool box and keep it on the frame of my back blade with a bungee cord. Meets my needs and cheap!

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #76  
On the tractor, in this box. I carry a 16' 3/8" chain, a 16' 5/16" chain, a 10' 5/16" chain and a 8' 5/16" chain.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #77  
I found that if I cut out the middle part, in the front of an old antifreeze jug, I can carry the chain by the handle of the jug. Usually I just hook one end over the edge of the cut plastic. They store nice and don't rust whatever they are sitting on. It always amazes me, well actually pisses me off, that sometimes things meant for one time use are of better quality then something purpose built, new. Ever try and bust a two litre pop container?

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #78  
I've used antifreeze jugs to hold chains in the bed of my truck for years... large cube shaped laundry detergent jugs work great, dont fall over like antifreeze jugs. After a few years they get brittle and break... I need some new ones, now that I think about it.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #79  
I've used antifreeze jugs to hold chains in the bed of my truck for years... large cube shaped laundry detergent jugs work great, dont fall over like antifreeze jugs. After a few years they get brittle and break... I need some new ones, now that I think about it.

Probably not worth the trouble, but if you paint it black inside and out, I bet they would last a lot longer... Ultraviolet light breaks down the polymer chains of the plastic.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #80  
Probably not worth the trouble, but if you paint it black inside and out, I bet they would last a lot longer... Ultraviolet light breaks down the polymer chains of the plastic.

Good idea... but with 5 kids under age 13 and one on the way, I have a lifetime supply of laundry deterg jugs... *grin*