Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    JCB MIDI CX

Default Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music?

My tractor has no radio. Not really interested in Radio but I have an MP3 player .
    Was thinking about a Wireless Headset set up so I can hop in and out without being Leashed in by a wired headset. These larger headsets also seem to provide more noise deadening in them to quiet the 2500 RPM it takes to run the PTO at speed.
    Has anyone done a wireless headset to an MP3 transmitter?
    Looking for a setup that can run off the Tractors 12V, I only see battery operated ones with AC adapters.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX 5000

Default Re: Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music?

Nowadays I need images along with the music, nothing short of that will do

On the tractor I use noise cancelling ear plugs

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Belarus 825, for now.

I'll be watching this one. I'd like something that would stream music via bluetooth from my iphone, yet offer some hearing protection from mower and tractor.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

i have played from a mp3 player in my pocket to headphones. in some cases i use the small earbuds that fit the ear good.. then put a pair of shooting muffs with deep and soft full ear covering pads on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    My tractor has no radio. Not really interested in Radio but I have an MP3 player .
    Was thinking about a Wireless Headset set up so I can hop in and out without being Leashed in by a wired headset. These larger headsets also seem to provide more noise deadening in them to quiet the 2500 RPM it takes to run the PTO at speed.
    Has anyone done a wireless headset to an MP3 transmitter?
    Looking for a setup that can run off the Tractors 12V, I only see battery operated ones with AC adapters.
    souNdguy

sent from my NOKIA LUMIA

Tractor
    NH Boomer 8N, NH TC40DA

I use an Ipod Shuffle hanging around my neck connected to a set of 24 dB hearing protectors that I bought for use with my scanner at racing events. When I get off the tractor the music goes with me. I also use them when I mow on the zero turn or run a weed eater.
    Randy

NH Boomer 8N, 6' Squealer Rotary Cutter
    NH TC40DA, 16LA FEL, Red Master II Harrow
    Land Pride 6' Tiller, 7' Landscape Rake
    2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.6 Duramax, Allison
    2003 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.6 Duramax, Allison
    Big Tex 12GP 20' GN trailer
    Cub Cadet RZT 50"

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

I use wired noise-canceling headphones. Works great. I run the wire inside my shirt to prevent tangling. WAY longer battery life vs Bluetooth. There is beauty in simplicity.

"As you go through life, make this your goal: watch the donut, not the hole"

Kubota B7800
    BH-75A Backhoe
    Rhino 60'' finish mower

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

I have several of these.

Load them up with whatever, music, language, books, jokes, etc.

Amazon.com: Best the Blue Sport Wireless Earphones Headphones Music Mp3 Player Tf Card Fm Radio Headset: Musical Instruments
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

I have a set of Bose Noise Canceling and cannot bring myself to use them on the tractor.

I do use, however, these two headsets.

A version of this

Amazon.com: 3M Peltor WorkTunes Digital Hearing Protector, MP3 Compatible with AM/FM Tuner: Home Improvement

And when they went missing, I bought these (then found the worktunes)

Amazon.com: Ryobi Tek4 Audio Plus Noise Suppression Headphones RP4530: Electronics

My review of these is that both are OK. I dislike the antenna on the worktunes but I have a canopy (I cannot get radio where I live). The Ryobi speakers are quieter, which can be problematic. So no, none are great, both are good. I would lean toward the Ryobi because they have the microphones if you are working with other people it is pretty great. The Worktunes are great if you want to listen to radio.

But I hate the wires, so I bought this and velcroed it to my headsets

Amazon.com: Aduro BTA1 Bluetooth Adapter Wireless Receiver with A2DP Technology - Lifetime Warranty - for Home Stereo , Portable Speakers , Headphones , Car Music Sound Systems , & More 3.5mm Media Devices: Electronics

I do not have an Ipod, so I use my phone. This is a bonus as I can take calls while working on the tractor and not miss a beat. You have no idea how impressed LA City Folk (like other producers) call up and I say "hold on, gotta turn off the tractor".

Anyway, this is the sytem that works for me.

BUT..... I have had dreams of my own FM Station. Hook it up to my computer, play my itunes and get great music anywhere on the property. As there is no radio in the area I live I am not too worried about the FCC, but you should be aware of the laws that govern this

FM Transmitter, Low Power FM Transmitter,WIFI FM Transmitter,HLLY Electronics
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

Tractor
    Shibuara Ford New Holland 555D NH Workmaster 55

I was just thinking about starting a thread on who uses head phones.

Last Sunday I went down to the hunt club to finish up some work I had started. I took my headphones and they were nice riding down there. But once I got there I was grading out a road and moving some rocks that somebody had thrown in a mud hole. I couldn't hear the engine and started getting very sloppy and maybe dangerous with what I was doing. I almost felt confused. I took them off and everything went back to normal. I left them off til I headed the mile back to the house. I live on a dead end gravel road and the hunt club gate is at the end of the road, so no traffic.

Does anybody else have this problem when wearing headphones. Or is just my own goofiness.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Belarus 825, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by repowell View Post
    I use an Ipod Shuffle hanging around my neck connected to a set of 24 dB hearing protectors that I bought for use with my scanner at racing events. When I get off the tractor the music goes with me. I also use them when I mow on the zero turn or run a weed eater.
    Have you got a link to these? I could live with a wire if the hearing protection is good.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast