FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together
Nice stuff, you have me wanting one of those "thingy's, lol.
It seems you can pretty well adapt anything to them.
I don't want to hijack the "other" thread, so i thought i continue here,;)

Yep, that's what it is, a Ransomes, it seems to have hydraulic lines going in the hubs for steering.
I'm trying to get more info on it, looks like something, someone could tinker with.
-----------------------------
The hydraulic lines are going to the wheel motor, one on each side.

Here's the link to the one I'm interested in....

74" Ransomes Diesel 4X4 mower & Weed Spray system | lawnmowers, leaf blowers | Markham / York Region | Kijiji

Are these machines "HST" and what sort of hydraulics can they handle.
Looks interesting, let us know if you get it. :thumbsup:

The TORO is HST, would guess the Ransomes is also. Don't know about the hydraulics on it, but this TORO is only set up for the power steering and attachment lift cylinder. The newer ones with a hydraulic deck would have more capacity.

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #53  
This is the info he sent me on it....

its a Model XT 4020D
it has a Kubota 20hp diesel engine driving a very large hydrostatic pump transmission
there are two hydrolic pressure gauges mounted on the unit to check drive and lifting pressure
I have a shop manual and parts list which will be included with the mower.

I forgot to ask him what year it was, not to much info on "Google" on these machines.
I really wouldn't need the sprayer set-up, may shoot him an offer without it.
So your saying the wheel's are turned by hydraulic motors or they actually turn the wheel.
Is that a good thing?, Is there anything I should be concerned about on these.

This is the first time I have removed dirt from the dumper with a loader, always just dumped it before.
P8240008.JPG P8240010.JPG P8240012.JPG

Filling the gaps in the sod with topsoil.
P8240014.JPG

View from the seat, looking under the the bucket as it dumps.
P8240013.JPG

Now the bermuda can spread. :thumbsup:
P8240015.JPG

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #57  
"Hold "Ctrl" and click on picture to open it in a new Tab."
Thanks for the tip, works great.

You're welcome, it works on links also. :thumbsup:

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #59  

An even easier trick is to hover over the link, and click the scroll wheel down (middle mouse button). This will open the picture/link in a new tab as well.

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #60  
Xfaxman,
I have been following this thread with great interest for the last few weeks. I want to first of all, thank you for taking the time to document and share the details of your build. Secondly, my hat's off to you for your creativity, ambition, and clever re-purposing of materials to get the job done!

I just joined TBN as a result of your Groundsmaster thread. I am the proud and excited new owner of a 1994 Groundsmaster 325D. It's 4WD, and has a 72" rear discharge deck. It's a low hour machine, and is in very good mechanical condition. The whole reason I bought it is to design and build a front end loader for it. The deal has been a few months in the making, and the whole time, I have had some serious concerns about the machine's ability to cope with the additional stresses and abuse it will inevitably endure doing dirt work. That is, until I came across your very inspiring thread! I can't tell you how awesome it was to actually see someone else who has done exactly what I plan to, and has been using it hard for years without issue. Again, thank you.

I am just in the early concept stage of the design process. I do have a few criteria established already. I am going to retain the ability to run the front mount mower via the PTO and pusher arms. I am going to delete the deck lift arm and cylinder, may reuse the cylinder for a rear Cat 0 or 1, 3 point hitch at some point. I will use the loader to lift the deck with chains, with some type of hard travel limits incorporated (another chain?). I am going to build an SSQA interface for the loader, allowing it to accept standard skid steer attachments. My plan is to design and build a 4 in 1 bucket right off the bat. I think it will be super handy, as I don't have any attachments that I can adapt to it right now. They seem very versatile, and very expensive to buy. I already have a nice new 4 spool sectional valve. Between that and the loader, I will have 1 more spool unused. I am going to plumb this to another set of QD's on the arms so I can run a post hole auger, etc.

The big thing I am debating now, is whether to build a conventional 2-arm loader similar to yours, or reinvent the wheel and build a single arm design. I really like the layout of the machine, and will be using it a lot. I hate to compromise ease of access to the driver's seat by having arms in the way. I have gotten inspiration for the one arm design from the JCB-180 loader Obviously, this design puts a lot of strain on the entire machine, and will call for a very thorough design and build. I don't think any of it would be insurmountable however. I just love the thought of having a loader, but not being completely surrounded by it and having to climb over it. Also, there would be fewer cylinders, hoses and fittings ($$$). It would also lend itself to having some type of cab on the machine in the future. It get's cold and snowy in NW Montana!

I will start a new thread, as time permits. I just wanted to say hi, and let you know there are other maniacs out there too! :wink: