Default Make a cab

I am thinking of building a cab for my 3316 mahindra and was wondering if anyone has done it. If anyone has any plans or pics that would help alot. I'm planning on using 1inch square tubing and angle iron and probably plexiglass for windows. Would it be possible to add a/c or do I need a compressor. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Tractor
    50&51 8N Ford

Default Re: Make a cab

Welcome I've never built a cab ,just use Leather snowmobile two peice suit. But if you go to search for DIY cab there is a Mahindra cab build in the list that comes up. Welcome & good luck with your cab build. Bruce

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Type "cab build site:tractorbynet.com" or "DYI cab site:tractorbynet.com" etc into google.com. You'll get dozens of build threads with step by step pictures.

Tractor
    WHITE 700

I didnt make a cab, I modified a cab from a different tractor to work. I dont have doors, but it makes all the difference in the world when blowing snow!

And we had lots of snow this year in Saskatchewan, didnt we!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Make a cab-bare-cab-jpg   Make a cab-bare-tractor-jpg   Make a cab-tractor-cab-jpg  

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone2saskatchewan View Post
    I am thinking of building a cab for my 3316 mahindra and was wondering if anyone has done it. If anyone has any plans or pics that would help alot. I'm planning on using 1inch square tubing and angle iron and probably plexiglass for windows. Would it be possible to add a/c or do I need a compressor. Thanks to anyone that can help.
    A factory cab takes the place of the ROPS so the frame needs to be strong enough to do that, unless of course you build around the ROPS and leave it in place. I would still make the framing of similar material as a factory cab in case of a roll over, you don't want the cab crushing in on you and spraying broken shards of plexiglass (by the way I would use automotive safety glass and not plexi as it scratches too easily). Easiest way to get a cab idea is to go to a dealer that has a cabbed tractor in the smallest size comparable to your tractor, take photos, measurements of the framing etc and scale it down to your tractor. YES you have to have a compressor to have an AC and a condenser with fan. You could perhaps find one of the after market units like they used to sell for cars, but I haven't seen one of those un years, but assume they are still available. You would have to determine if there is room on your engine to install a compressor also and likely have to fabricate a bracket to hold it. Likely the only thing you will be able to do it put in a hot water heater and make the cab doors removable for summer time work. Put in a fan for some cooling. Dad had a combine once with a cab and only a fan in it and it was not too bad, it keep the chaff off of you.
    I was looking at a aftermarket cab (LS FORUM) where someone posted a link to one site. The cab was over $5200 and didn't include AC or heat, mirrors, windshield wipers/washer, stereo, outside work lights, or turn signal lights like a factory cab has. Adding all the "accessories" brought the price to over $10,000. I now know why folks elect to build their own.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Surplus Center has some cabs for $600 that would be a great start. They could be modified to fit just about any compact tractor. The glass and wiper alone are worth the price.
    Surplus Center - CURTIS RED 1MF1233SS TRACTOR CAB MF 1428V 1233