Rear blade rotator

/ Rear blade rotator #1  

Tommy V

Tractor
BX24TLB
I use the rear blade on my BX24 for clearing snow on my driveway and several neighbors. Sometimes I pull the snow and sometimes I drive in reverse pushing so I needed to be able to rotate the blade completely. I was tired of jumping on and off each time I wanted to change the position of the blade so I created a manual rotator. The shaft, bearings, and sprockets were from Surplus Center. The chain and wire were from the local hardware store. The rest of the metal was lying around the garage. Now when the cable is pulled while in the driver's seat, the locating pin is lifted up and the blade can rotate freely. To rotate the blade I simply turn the handle while the pin is up. When I get it to the correct position I release the cable and the pin falls back into the locating holes. So far it has work perfectly. The blade can rotate 180 degrees and in either direction. Since i know nothing actually happened with out photos, here they are.

001.JPG003.JPG005.JPG007.JPG004.JPG

/ Rear blade rotator #2  
Very clever. I like that. I wish we were neighbors!

/ Rear blade rotator #4  
Cool......I like that:thumbsup:

/ Rear blade rotator
That's a great solution. Is it hard to crank?

It turns very easily. I tried using the set up without the locator pin in place but the blade just rotated on its own.

/ Rear blade rotator #8  
Yeah, and with an hyd motor I would choose for a V-belt, so when you forget the lock pin you don't break the chain.

/ Rear blade rotator #9  
Nice work.
I will add that if the pin isn't locked and the blade contacts the ground, the handle may swing pretty violently. Make it a point to stop fully before adjusting. A crank that is removed when not operating would add a little effort but a lot of safety.