Added side strobes to my L5740

/ Added side strobes to my L5740 #1  

High Compression

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740-3/ Kubota ZD21 pro60
Hey Gang! I know I posted my forward and rear facing safety lighting before. I realized that when I was backing or pulling out onto a street during snow removal, I didn't have any notification for traffic on the sides of my tractor. Why not a 360 deg beacon? Won't fit in the garage. So I found these Nova SLWIC3 strobes on Strobes N' More. I liked that they were LED, split, self contained, with several flash patterns. Only 1/4" thick. Won't bore you on the details of making the mounts. Just made a cardboard template. Plasma cut out a couple pieces of aluminum. Drilled some holes. Used the existing upper door hinge mounts. Wired into my existing lighting system and there you go. Maybe 4 hrs so far. Had to get ready for Sunday's snow so I hadn't painted yet. Gonna be black or Kubota grey. Used them about 20 hrs day and night with no problems. Was concerned about flash back from the glass, but didn't even know if they were on. Had to look in my rear view mirrors to tell if they were working or not. Here's a couple pix and a quick video.

Thanks HC

20130323_132914.jpg

20130323_134409.jpg

/ Added side strobes to my L5740 #2  
Very nice!

/ Added side strobes to my L5740 #3  
That looks great! I'd have something like that if I only had the need!

/ Added side strobes to my L5740
Thanks guys! Yeah not everyone has the need. But I do like to push snow so they are safety necessity for me. I've had a few close calls. Hopefully these help eliminate those close calls.

/ Added side strobes to my L5740 #8  
Very cool my friend. Can never be to safe on the road. I did something similar but mounted 4" X 1" quad flashing Grote LED lights by each lollypop light on the cab. I made an aluminum mount and they are bright. I'm happy with them plus knowing their Grote/Whelen means they will last a loooooog time. Great to see your sill around. :thumbsup:

re9.jpg

Very cool my friend. Can never be to safe on the road. I did something similar but mounted 4" X 1" quad flashing Grote LED lights by each lollypop light on the cab. I made an aluminum mount and they are bright. I'm happy with them plus knowing their Grote/Whelen means they will last a loooooog time. Great to see your sill around. :thumbsup:

Those are great lights. I have them on trucks.

I see 4shorts has inspired you to add lights to your rig. :thumbsup:

Actually this is my 3rd tractor that I have had strobes on. Paul is inspirational for sure, but he didn't have influence on this go round. ;)