A much cooler seat

/ A much cooler seat #1  

Locoweed

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
One of the things about my Kubota that doesn't sit well with me :silly: is the seat. Black. Hot West Texas sun + black is not a good combination. I tried a seat cover & while better, I have to get off & on the tractor frequently when doing landscaping projects. The seat cover wanted to come off & it didn't let me slide across the seat very well. After a lot of searching I found a seat that would fit my B2620 without a lot of work. A couple of short pieces of angle iron was all I needed. I had to do a minor adjustment to the seat switch (bent the bracket up a bit.

Here is a link to the seat

https://www.allpartsstore.com/ItemD...&SearchItem=1&TextSearch=&ItemNumber=TMS111GR

Attachments

• seat bottom.jpg
    seat bottom.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 485
  • mounted.jpg
    mounted.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 448
  • tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 650
   / A much cooler seat #3  
I'l never understand why anyone would put a black seat on anything that might set in the hot sun and burn your buns. John Deere seats are a nice, bright yellow, while Ford/New Holland are usually a "cool" blue. I like both of these, as they never feel too hot. Black? No thanks! Kudos for noticing and correcting an ergonomic oversight by the manufacturer. I hope you enjoy it!

Joe

/ A much cooler seat #4  
Nicely done! Bravo:thumbsup:

/ A much cooler seat #5  
Because black stands up best to the UV in sunlight, that's why...

/ A much cooler seat #6  
Good idea! Sometimes I have to run water into the seat of my lawnmower to cool it down.

/ A much cooler seat #7  
This brings to mind something I did with my motorcycle many years ago. The stock seat (black, of course) was in need of replacement. I ordered a Corbin custom saddle with black sides and a gray top. The two-tone seat looks great on my blue on blue bike, and is much cooler in the sun. Twenty years later, it's still on the bike. I've never regretted the decision, as I'm sure the OP will not regret his.

Joe

/ A much cooler seat #8  
I wont have plastic or leather seats ...only cloth (with cabs)

/ A much cooler seat #9  
We use a white XXL tee shirt on the black seat. Keeps it cook and it's washable.

/ A much cooler seat #10  
IMG_0573.jpgIMG_0574.jpgIMG_0575.jpg
I came across this seat cover in another thread on TBN. Note that the SMV bracket holds the cover in place. My issue wasn't heat so much as ripping the Kubota cover with a tool in my back pocket. But Locoweed's new seat looks nicer. But this cover only cost about $25 with S/H.