anyone balast their own tires?

/ anyone balast their own tires? #11  
a 4$ drill pump will work too.. and they are deffinately throw away.

PS.. cacl in granulated form can be bought by the bag as well.
No doubt but I tend to be impatient and this crappy little pump I have took about 3 minutes per tire.

/ anyone balast their own tires? #12  
your call.. I have more time than money sometimes and I'd hate to toss a 38$ pump.. :)

/ anyone balast their own tires? #13  
your call.. I have more time than money sometimes and I'd hate to toss a 38$ pump.. :)

Tell you the truth SG I do not even know if it works. After I was done , I flushed it out with 5 gallons of water, put it in the box it came in an it sits somewhere in the garage where I left it that day. My intention was that I never wanted to see the inside of those rims again and with the money I saved ($500) doing it myself, I was happy with a possible $38 sacrifice. I do suppose I should drag it out and test it if just for the informational aspect for those wanting to purchase this Harbor Freight product who may use a pump such as this more frequently.

/ anyone balast their own tires? #14  
if you flushed it good.. it may well be fine..

/ anyone balast their own tires?
well i'm done the guy at the auto store was shocked when i bought 50 gals. of washer fluid but i got the fitting made by "slime" and it took me about 15 mins. per tire total and it made a huge difference. i appreciate everyones help and to anyone debating doing it yourself or paying someone it is quite simple.

/ anyone balast their own tires? #16  
yep.. way cheaper to provide your own labor

/ anyone balast their own tires? #17  
Yea I am still procrastinating the whole process, I have told myself that I will not load them till I put tubes in the tubless tires. The funny thing is I know how easy it is I have done several, I used calcium in those and that will never happen again.

/ anyone balast their own tires? #18  
I filled my tires. Used a 12V boat bilge pump, farm supply store adapter, set of washer hoses.

This far north I used auto anti freeze and ww fluid tested to temps for this area........
My tires held 22 gallon each..... They are 33" turfs.....

Good luck

/ anyone balast their own tires? #19  
Is there a good way to drain them? I'm looking at maybe picking up a set of turf tires to swap onto my B3200 for lawn mowing because I've been chewing things up pretty good with the R4' s - and I found a set for sale close to me - but they're loaded. I'm thinking I'd like to unload them to lighten the tractor up as much as possible if go this route.

Any idea what a set of 12.4-16 tires fully loaded weighs in at?

/ anyone balast their own tires? #20  
Why mess with it. I hauled all 3 of my compacts to the local local tire dealer that sells rimgaurd, did it pretty cheaply, and did it right. No worries from here on.