Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540 HD 4x4

Default LEDs for Kubota

Would like to install 2 forward LEDs and 1 rear LED to my kubota M9540 ROPS. Question #1 is which light?? I am leaning towards the 18w or 27w LEDs. Question #2...spot or flood light?? I imagine the flood or working lights would be best. Question #3...how to wire it up. My first thought was to slice into the wire that feeds my fender lights that come on with the headlights and put a toggle switch to turn on the LEDs as needed. Any other ideas on how to power the lights?

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: LEDs for Kubota

For a rear light I would definitely get a flood. Your tractor may be pre-wired for a rear work light so you could tap in to that and add a switch.

One of these Baja Desings Squadrons OnX in a driving pattern mounted to the ROPS would work really good. I have a pair of their squadron lights and they are awesome, 1 is bright enough for a foward light on a tractor. 1 Baja Desings Squadron would work for a forward light, it would look like a cyclops. You will probably want your headlights on will your front lights are on so you have your tail lights on too

Here is a thread I made comparing 1 Baja Desings Sqadron.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/c...ml#post3264318

Tractor
    JD 5055E

-tractor-stuff-002-jpg-tractor-stuff-003-jpgI don't know what the setup for the rear work light is on a 9540. My L3240 had a 10Amp feed for the work light which was enough to power the 4 27W LED floods I installed on the ROPS.

Bill

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

On the 9540 there is a wire in place on each fender for work lights. It is hot with the key on. It is terminated in a connector, under a piece of blue tape.

The kubota work lights have a switch made into them, but are expensive (like $80 each) and not LED.
    Last edited by DT86; 04-24-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Tractor
    A couple

I suggest you do a search for 4shorts and LED's as Paul has numerous LED lights on his tractors.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    JD 5055E

I bought my LED floods here 27W LED WORK LIGHT, 24W LED WORK LIGHT items in makesto-reMstore store on eBay! and the switches and plastic switch box from Radio Shack. I think the whole project cost about $150.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540 HD 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Notforhire View Post
    I bought my LED floods here 27W LED WORK LIGHT, 24W LED WORK LIGHT items in makesto-reMstore store on eBay! and the switches and plastic switch box from Radio Shack. I think the whole project cost about $150.
    You think the plastic switches and box are better than a regular metal toggle switch?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by clee4020 View Post
    You think the plastic switches and box are better than a regular metal toggle switch?
    Plastic toggle switches are never better than the quality metal ones. IMO ... and always use these on your toggle switches to make them last... Apm Hexseal Waterproof Bat Toggle Switch Boot USA 1 PC Best Quality | eBay

Tractor
    JD 5055E

Quote Originally Posted by Rmart30 View Post
    Plastic toggle switches are never better than the quality metal ones. IMO ... and always use these on your toggle switches to make them last... Apm Hexseal Waterproof Bat Toggle Switch Boot USA 1 PC Best Quality | eBay
    The switch box, (the box in which i mounted the switches) is plastic. The box was cheap, won't rust, and plenty strong enough to support the switches and wires. I attached it to the ROPS w/ GE silicone, rather than drill holes in the ROPS

You are only switching a 4.5 amp load if you use two lamps like I did. I didn't use the best switches. Do I think plastic switches are better than others? Probably not, but they do work. If you feel that a metal, 20a rated switch is a good way to go, be my guest, it certainly won't hurt.
    I had plenty of light. It was an easy installation, and it cost about $150. If you want to upgrade it wouldn't be hard, it just costs more money.

I know I will never have any problems with the switches. I sold the tractor.

One thing I didn't like about the forward looking lights on the ROPS was that they cause some glare on my glasses. If I still had the tractor I would be thinking about another light mount off the loader mounts like these , on my TC40D. Since the regular lights were useless with the loader, I disconected them and fed the work lights off the headlight circuit.-tc40d-004-jpg
    For as often as I work at night, I don't know if it would have been worth the trouble.

Good luck, Bill