Relocate the battery.

/ Relocate the battery. #1  

Darren

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710, Ford 5600, Case MB4/94, Kubota B6200
I've never been happy with the battery location in front of the radiator on the L3710. I'm looking at relocating it to a position on the right hand loader upright. There seems to be enough room to mount a battery holder behind the upright. Anyone relocate the battery on their tractor?

/ Relocate the battery. #2  
I have never had a problem with mine. So I never considered a move. I will admit that access is not super convenient though. Just out of curiosity, what trouble has it caused in the front?

/ Relocate the battery.
With the loader attached you can't slide the filter out that screens the radiator. I'm constantly getting enough stuff on the filter that a bunch of it gets behind the battery. For some reason I've got some corrosion issues with the battery. I'd rather have the battery in a location where it doesn't interfere with airflow, make it difficult to clean the screen and create a corrosion issue.

/ Relocate the battery. #4  
With the loader attached you can't slide the filter out that screens the radiator. I'm constantly getting enough stuff on the filter that a bunch of it gets behind the battery. For some reason I've got some corrosion issues with the battery. I'd rather have the battery in a location where it doesn't interfere with airflow, make it difficult to clean the screen and create a corrosion issue.

That all makes sense. Good luck with your project.

/ Relocate the battery. #5  
All the old iron tractors had the battery box or boxes on the sides of the tractors so they were easy to service. I think if you have room to do as you are proposing that it is a worthy project. With FELs on both my tractors I couldn't find anyplace to put even a small tool box that wouldn't interfere with operations so I guess the batteries will stay in front of the radiator on mine.

/ Relocate the battery. #6  
Hi Gary
I relocated the battery on my B7500 due to airflow issues and debris as you mentioned. I mounted it on the LHS coming off behind the clutch pedal. I used part of the base of and old sack trolley as the base and some old metal arms from the junk bin as bracing from the free end back down to the FEL frame

Graham
DARWIN NT
AUSTRALIA

Photo0388.jpg