Max 25 centrifugal intake air precleaner

/ Max 25 centrifugal intake air precleaner #11  
Hi, back again, sorry I'm late. No, that is not a centrifugal pre-cleaner in the diagram just a normal Donaldson style one. I havent been able to find a small centrifugal style that will work with the Kubota. Another problem is my tractor is a gear drive and I dont need to keep the RPM's up like that of a HST tractor to spin a centrifugal pre-cleaner. The only time that I keep the RPM's up is when mowing so thats out of the picture. I was surprised on the amount of dust that the air filter traps and thought a pre cleaner would help keep a bunch of dust and such out of it. I'm lucky as there is enough room under the hood to make some sort of a pre- cleaner work. I dont know what the application is in the diagram but that is basicly what I have in mind to do to the Kubota. Any chance that you can post a under hood picture of your tractor? Ya never know, some one here might be able to come up with a clever idea to keep you from cutting a big hole in the hood of your new tractor. A person has to be real careful when blowing out a air filter so not to damage the paper and make a nice little hole for dust to get into the engine. Wow, $44.00 bucks for an air filter? I think mine is around $20.00 dollars and its is available aftermarket. I would contact some one like Baldwin and give them the size of your filter to see if they have anything that size. Redneck in training posted a good site on pre-cleaners so maybe they might have some ideas as well(????????)
Steve

/ Max 25 centrifugal intake air precleaner #12  
I am planning the installation of a centrifugal air intake precleaner on my 2012 Mahindra Max 25 tractor. I have so far researched 5 brands of the centrifugal style precleaners. The brand I am considering is the TURBO III model 15 (Welcome to Turboョ Precleaner • Heavy Duty Engine Intake Air Precleaners) since it matches my tractors CFM better than most of the other brands and they are reportedly the originator of the centrifugal type precleaner. I have not found much information on anyone installing a centifugal type air intake precleaner on a compact tractor such as mine. I operate my tractor in very dusty conditions here in the Northern end of the Sacramento Valley. Last year I seemed to spend more time :mad:cleaning my air filter than operating the tractor. The installation of the precleaner is a bit :confused:challenging since there is no room under the hood or front grill to mount the precleaner. I have to either :eek:cut cut a hole in the hood or in the right side engine cover panel to route the 2 inch intake tubing to an area near my FEL control lever. This location will be above the thickest dust and will also have the added benefit of a cool air intake. I would really appreciate any and all:confused: ideas, :2cents:eek:pinions, or :thumbsup:suggestions!
Thanks! :DSolinski

AS you are referring to is a centrifugal air cleaner installing one is a no brainer when it comes to air filtration becuase it protects your air filter and your engine.

There is no reason you cannot obtain a Duetz Farr oil bath air cleaner with a cyclone precleaner attached to further protect your engine and the paper cartridge-which I absolutley despise because they are not changed often enough.

My dads Ford Jubilee had an oil bath precleaner that worked andworked with excellent results at all times.

NOW the oil bath can be placed at hood level with zero issues.

mann oil bath filter.jpg

This image does not have the precleaner but i will get that for you too.

The Mann AIR FILTER DEALER NETWORK in California can get you the right precleaner for your engine as well as the Oil bath and paper element aftyermarket air filtration system with a cyclone precleaner

Last edited:
   / Max 25 centrifugal intake air precleaner
Hi steve, I will post an engine compartment photo when and if I can figure out how to do it? (underhood area is full and tight) I'm definitely open to a clever idea! 2012 Mahindra Max 25 is an all new "sub compact" design introduced to directly challenge the "king" of sub compact tractors, Kubota. The air filter seems to be the only engine part that is specific to the Max 25 and is not used on any other models, I think the aftermarket just hasn't caught up. I'm theorizing that installing an 80.4 cubic inch engine in a sub compact tractor required a newly designed space saving size air filter. Just to play it safe I will probably stay with Mahindra air filters until my warranty expires and by then the aftermarket should have an element available. When I clean the air filter I use an Osha approved low pressure nozzzle(under 40 psi). Mahindra says one year or ten cleanings of the element. I cleaned the element 8 times and then replaced with a new element, although it still appeared to be in good condition. What engine does L3400 your Kubota have? Have you used the formula to establish cfm range for you kubota? I checked out Rednecks site and added it to my list of precleaners. That is an impressive list of tractors! What type of work do you do with them?
Solinski

/ Max 25 centrifugal intake air precleaner #14  
Hi steve, I will post an engine compartment photo when and if I can figure out how to do it?

The photo posting is non-intuitive. Best way I know of is to simply do it a few times to get the hang of it.
Here's a link to a thread on posting photos:

Photo Posting How To - Page 9

Good luck,
rScotty - still looking into centrifugal filters myself

Hi leonz, Thanks for great idea on the Mann air filter and I will definitely check it out! I agree that the the paper air filter elements are not changed enough! The factory Mahindra owners manual that came with my tractor states: do not over service air fliter element and further states do not service the element until you notice a loss in engine power!!! Now to me that advice coming from the manufacturer just makes no sense!!!! I am also own a a Troy built horse rototiller with the Kohler cast iron engine that I bought new in 1970. The only non origianl parts are the tires, belts, carb kit, and spark plug. I hard faced the original tines but they are finally worn out. I need to replace an oil seal on the drive shaft and install new tines.
Solinski

Thanks rScooty !
Solinski

/ Max 25 centrifugal intake air precleaner #17  
Hi leonz, Thanks for great idea on the Mann air filter and I will definitely check it out! I agree that the the paper air filter elements are not changed enough! The factory Mahindra owners manual that came with my tractor states: do not over service air fliter element and further states do not service the element until you notice a loss in engine power!!! Now to me that advice coming from the manufacturer just makes no sense!!!!

The advice makes sense. As the filter plugs it actually filter better (catches smaller particles) but also increases resistance. So at some point the engine starts losing power and is time for cleaning or new filter.