New grab hook bar added to bucket

/ New grab hook bar added to bucket #1  

damien1529

Tractor
Massey 1529
Hello everyone,

This my first post here. I have read a lot of post and I have just got a new Massey 1529 and last weekend I add a grab hooks and a receiver hitch along with some rings inside the bucket. I have only been able to use the snow blower which works great. looking for some free time this spring and summer to get some seat time. I want to thank you all for a lot of great ideas. Please keep them coming. I hope I was able to attach the pictures correctly. If so i hope you enjoy the pictures. 102_0453.jpg102_0457.jpg102_0455.jpg102_0456.jpg

/ New grab hook bar added to bucket #2  
Looks like a nice job dude. You might think about using some grade 8 lock washers under those attaching nuts and a little never seize on the threads as well. Bruce

/ New grab hook bar added to bucket
Bruce
Thanks, I did have lock washers on the center set of bolts but bolts were too short for both half inch plates. I need to get two longer bolts. Do have never seize on them i have just cleaned up the excess.

/ New grab hook bar added to bucket #4  
Looks good, welcome to TBN.

/ New grab hook bar added to bucket #5  
Looks like a nice job dude. You might think about using some grade 8 lock washers under those attaching nuts and a little never seize on the threads as well. Bruce
As far as I am aware, there is no such thing as grade 8 lock washers. Bolts are graded by tensile strength, but lock washers are all the same regardless of the grade of bolt application. To me, nothing beats a double nut for locking a nut in place on a thru bolt. If it were me, I would put the nuts on the top side, so they can more easily be inspected for tightness rather than getting down on all fours to look under the bucket lip, but that is just my old age talking. For me, that is a major undertaking to get down and back up again.
A simple but effective way to guarantee the nut wont come off, just take your welding machine and spot weld the nut to the bolt and forget buying new bolts and lock washers. If you should ever want to take the plate off which is unlikely, just cut the bolt with a cutoff disk on your 4.5" grinder.

/ New grab hook bar added to bucket #6  
A drop of blue locktite and forget it. Edit: on second thought, rust prone environment I second anti-seize and a jam nut or lock washer.

/ New grab hook bar added to bucket #8  
nice job! I plan on adding the reciever to my bucket as well, I have the same tractor probaly from the same Dealer!! goin on 2 years, its been a great tractor

/ New grab hook bar added to bucket #9  
Another thing you can do with the nuts that dont have lockwashwers is to "stipple" the nut onto the bolt. Take an automatic centerpunch and use the it on the end of the bolt where it joins the nut to raise a burr between them. Do it 4 or 5 times around the circumference of the end of the bolt and the nut will stay put. It only takes a few seconds to do I have joined many things that way to prevent vibration from loosening nuts and bolts and it works well, and you can remove it it you have to with enough force to deform the burr.

TEKTON 6580 Automatic Center Punch - Amazon.com

James K0UA

/ New grab hook bar added to bucket #10  
Another thing you can do with the nuts that dont have lockwashwers is to "stipple" the nut onto the bolt. Take an automatic centerpunch and use the it on the end of the bolt where it joins the nut to raise a burr between them. Do it 4 or 5 times around the circumference of the end of the bolt and the nut will stay put. It only takes a few seconds to do I have joined many things that way to prevent vibration from loosening nuts and bolts and it works well, and you can remove it it you have to with enough force to deform the burr.

TEKTON 6580 Automatic Center Punch - Amazon.com

James K0UA

Or if you are a cheapy like me, just use a regular center punch and a small hammer. Works just as well and most folks have one in their tool box.